Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Another COLD day here!

Good Morning All,

It's dreary gray here today, the recycling truck has already come and gone. Our neighbor's recycling bin was over flowing, so we offered ours to them. Ours didn't have enough in it to really make it worth while to even take it out, but they only come every other week, so we take it out anyway. At least someone will think we had a big Christmas, lol, as if I care.

DH and I went on a shopping spree yesterday. lol, well, a it's 75% off, let's get started on next year's Christmas now spree. I picked up fabric for Bowl Cozies for DIL's family gifts. Nana and Nandy will have gingerbread fabric, Mom and Dad will have a red and white print. When I got that home, and looked at the selvage I was so surprised. It is a Susan Winget print. Small world, Susan Winget is a former charter parent of the magnet school I worked at for so many years! She always made sure the PTO had plenty of stationary and calendar stuff for the staff! I still have a few special notepads that I've kept for 'special' (that's a habit I learned from Grandma Mac that I really need to get over!). I think I'll dig one of those pads out and write a note explaining how I know the artist.

Anyway, the lists have been started. Everyone's ornament has been bought and is already wrapped and tagged. DH is getting one storage box out and starting the Christmas box for next year. This year, with the move, we weren't able to gather through the year, and the last minute dash about drove me over the edge. I'm determined I'm going to do my hunting and gathering through the year, of course the finding fabric for quilts that will look great in my son's room is apparently going to take the longest. They both picked weird colors, pretty but slightly off to find fabric that will highlight the headboard wall color.

Today, I'm going to start looking at patterns. Maybe if I can figure out what pattern I want to do...I might have to just break down and forget about using precuts and pick my own selection. That means a trip or two to some fabric shops on the other side of town.

Prayers for those in need, for healing and recuperation.

Have a wonderful creative day! I think I'll be stitching some more hexies today!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, Monique, it IS cold! The highs won't go above zero F for the next week. Wow.

Wishing warm thoughts to all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cold 3.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	148956

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Freezing here also but I don't plan to go outside, just staying warm indoors and enjoying DS#3 and kids visiting from MA. Haven't seen DGS Ben (!7) in awhile and he now has long flowing hair with some coloring on the ends, his sister is training to be a hair stylist. We all were treated to a very nice dinner by DS#1 and his GF. She was very surprised when I told her that he had hair like that when he was Ben's age.

We all came back here for coffee, tea and desserts, banana bread, apple dump cake and a delicious chocolate cake layered with chocolate moose (sp) and cheesecake! Someone please come over and eat it before I do.

If you have to go outside bundle up

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMP View Post
    Its cold here also in Alabama. Christmas is over and I am ready for spring! My old bones hate the cold. Walked out side to let Sandy out and I got a faint smell of gas. I am waiting for my daughter to come over and bring grandbabies and I see if she can smell it also and call the gas company.
    Crazy store ... My daughter had to work the 23rd and that was the day they have Santa on the roof down the road from us. He is connected to his son on the ground and each child walks up he calls them by name and tells them what they want . Kids go crazy over this. Well since DD couldn't go it was me my Son n law and the grand kids. Five year old GS goes first and Santa says John Avery you have been good this year and I will bring you the paw patrol things you want. Now its time for Granddaughter I cant hear what My Son n law is saying to the guy on the ground. Santa says Kaylee keep being good and I will bring you the puppy you want. Little background here .......He hates dogs and wouldn't even consider a dog of any kind. ( I know poor kids)
    Son n Law looks at me and says I messed up! Kaylee is texting her mom and is so happy what Santa is bring her. Son n law is about to have the big one. Big Big family argument . ( I stayed out of it) long story short santa leaves a letter that its too cold on the sled for puppies this year and that the entire family can go adopt one. They went the day after Christmas and I want you to meet our newest family member 4 month old Duke. You cant see it but he has one blue and one brown eye. We have no idea what kind of puppy he is. He sure is calmer than my lab! BTW son n law loves him !Attachment 148954Attachment 148955
    What a cutie! At first glance his face looks like a Louisiana Catahoula Cattle dog, they tend to have two different colored eyes and he has similar coloring of them.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning....It's very cold here. I don't even want to look outside. Jeff told me not to leave the house today. This yuk is supposed to continue for at least another week. Monique, I'm worried about you being on the road in weather like you're having.

I began sorting and straightening the fabric shelves. So far I haven't encountered a shelf that couldn't be improved. I'm making a pile to donate to the local guild. I feel like I need to join a support group....

We made a flying trip to the apartments yesterday to take care of water pipes and turn the heat up in our vacant apartments (3).

Otherwise life is good. My UTI is letting up a little. I have meds for 3 more days. My voice is coming back slowly.

Wishing everyone a warm day. Today is definitely a quilt day.

Hugs everyone.

6. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It . be cold everywhere but the sun is out today and that is a blessing. Even 20 degrees doesn't looks so bad in the sun.
    I think I must have Christmas letdown. The cold seems to be getting better but have no energy and no will to do anything. I just want to sit and read. I want to go sew but I'm not going to go up to the sewing room with that propane heater and gloves and a hat and coat and still be cold so I'll wait. Maybe I can get motivated to at least pick out a pattern that I want to make. I keep meandering from making a double wedding ring to something more modern. I have so many small pieces that the wedding ring seems like the practical thing to get started on. I have made it before and it is so easy, just time consuming.
    Critters are all holed up in the house with us. Cat goes in and out but the bird is miserable . She loves being outside.
    DH and I are sort of at odds when we are in a cramped space. We tend to stay in the living room with the wood stove and he brings projects in and with my OCD I get figety with the chaos. I took down the tree and that helped a little, but I lost a letter to mail and can't find it. DH doesn't think he took it to the mailbox so I guess I'll just pay on line and hope the letter got tossed in the trash (although I looked)
    Suppose to remain cold everywhere for the next week I think . MIL's heart surgery went well they said. With our colds we don't want to go see her yet BIL is there.
    Stay warm all

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies.
    Monique is not exaggerating. It is colder than the North Pole - no kidding. We went out to quilt store yesterday as DH embroidery machine is dropping fuzzies with oil. Fuzzies normal, oil not. I took him 3 tries to get a simple label done for a friend's advent calendar gift to new baby. The service guy will look at it next time he's in.
    Today I don't plan to go out, unless the car is warmed up. I dropped my glasses xmas eve on ceramic floor and have huge chip next to screw. It doesn't affect vision, but it just kills me as I had to replace the other lense this summer because of vision total reversal (500). And now may just get inexpensive ones as I am rough on glasses.
    I'm working on finishing my crazy patch Christmas quilt, just a bit more quilting and it's done. Sewed the binding yesterday afternoon. Have a good day everyone.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is cold here , too. But not as cold as Monique, that would be very miserable. I feel sorry for her getting out in it. I don't like winter at all. The one thing good about it is - when it is over!
    I plan on putting border on a tiny wonky star quilt, ( from one of the modern block magazines) it is okay but certainly isn't one my favorites. My oldest daughter picked pattern and fabric. It seems so plain.
    Well up to 15' now, but so much warmer than our Canadian and northern state friends.
    Have a good day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Yesterday my DH drove me up to Oroville to visit my brother and SIL. We had a really nice visit, my SIL made leg of lamb for a late lunch and it was delicious. We met their new German Shepherd and she is an absolute doll! What a sweet temperament she has, so affectionate! Too soon it was time to go home. We would have spent the night but I am still having breathing problems so needed to be back home. Hope all of you have a WONDERFUL day!

Jeannette

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all!!! I went out in the below zero temps this morning to pay property taxes, my accountant called me last night and said it would be to my advantage to pay my property taxes since I itemize and that will be going away next year. He said he was sorry he could not give me more notice but the government did not give him much notice!!! I had been hearing this on the news and wondering about this, so it was very nice of my accountant to give me a heads up!!! I will also go to the clinic and make my final contribution to my favorite charity so I will get that deduction too, and then may have more cash for fabric!!! Keep warm!!!