• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iris Girl
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2013

A drawing!

I'd like to take a page from Bubby's notebook and offer a drawing. I made a purse I absolutely adore but it was a pinch to small and had to redo it slightly bigger. Then smaller one I will send to a lucky person who's name I draw. The purse is the mini Factotum by Chris W designs. It is purple, teal and fuschia. If they are your colors and would like this purse please say so in this thread. Here are some pictures of the purse. It is 11x7x4 with an adjustable shoulder strap. Inside are 2 slip pockets and a zippered pocket. Outside is a hidden zipper pocket a cellphone pocket and a pocket with a thumb clasp. I want this to go to someone who will love it. I will draw a name about this time tomorrow.
    006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud
  • Kgrammiecaz
    Missouri Star
    • May 2013

Re: A drawing!

WOW, I just finished admiring the beautiful work you did and I love the colors. Was just getting ready to go look up the pattern as well. I would truly love this so I would also love for my name to be in the hat.

Thank you for wanting to do this drawing and give away such a precious gift.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

• KPH
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

It certainly is pretty and my pocketbook is showing it's age. I'd love to offer a loving home for such a pretty bag.
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2013

Me too, me too! I love it, the colors are great and my purse is now 3 years old. Time for a new one :-) Thank you for having this drawing Iris Girl
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• Cokie
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2016

I'd love to be included as well! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us.

Comment

• azmotogirl
            Batting Beauty
            • Oct 2017

I would luv to be included also.....I haven't been able to get the courage up to try a bag like that yet!

Comment

• DNeubauer
              Binding Belle
              • Oct 2013

I will throw my name in the pot. You did a great job and anyone would be lucky to have it especially me. Love the purple as well.

Comment

• bubba
                Missouri Star
                • Mar 2013

I already have one, so you don't need to include me!! Did you make it the size it was supposed to be, or shrink it down? If you did the size it called for (I find mine the perfect size!), how much are you enlarging it to be?

Don't you love that cell phone pocket? It's my favorite part of the whole purse!!
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Iris Girl
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                  I already have one, so you don't need to include me!! Did you make it the size it was supposed to be, or shrink it down? If you did the size it called for (I find mine the perfect size!), how much are you enlarging it to be?

Don't you love that cell phone pocket? It's my favorite part of the whole purse!!
                  I did make it the size the pattern called for at full size. I love the cellphone pocket. Had added one to my last purse. I just added 2 inches to the height and 1 inch to the sides . I could not properly zip the top with the checkbook in the slip pocket and it was a tad snug with the NCW in it with a checkbook and the rest of my stuffs. Now is perfect. If I can find more of that fuschia batik I will make an NCW to match.
                  Last edited by Iris Girl; December 26, 2017, 02:17 PM.
                  sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                  Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                  Sigmund Freud

Comment

• bubba
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
                    I did make it the size the pattern called for at full size. I love the cellphone pocket. Had added one to my last purse. I just added 2 inches to the height and 1 inch to the sides . I could not properly zip the top with the checkbook in the slip pocket and it was a tad snug with the NCW in it with a checkbook and the rest of my stuffs. Now is perfect. If I can find more of that fuschia batik I will make an NCW to match.
                    Ah, I don't carry a checkbook anymore. All that is in the main part of mine is my wallet and my reusable grocery bag! I could see making it bigger front to back so there was a bit more wiggle room though.
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• meliswan
                      Applique Angel
                      • Apr 2014

Oh, I love it! Please include me in the drawing! Thank you
                      Melissa

I really hate it when the voices in my head argue among themselves as though I wasn't even in the room.

I tried to be normal once......worst two minutes of my life.

Comment

• laura44
                        Missouri Star
                        • Mar 2014

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it !!! Throw my name in the pot!

Comment

• MaggieSue
                          Missouri Star
                          • Sep 2015

OMG, that is gorgeous, the colors are perfect!!! My attempts at purse making has not been successful! Please add my name to the drawing!!!

Comment

• MaryUK
                            Missouri Star
                            • Feb 2016

I would have loved to be in the draw but as I live in the UK, the postage charges are huge so I won't put my name forward. I just wanted to say how lovely it is!!

Comment

• cv quilter
                              Missouri Star
                              • Feb 2015

April, sew many ADORATIONS of your purse. I love it, as others do, and whoever is the fortunate recipient, it will be loved. How wonderful of you to think about it, plan it, make it and then "GIVE" it! 2018 is just about here...who will be the lucky winner of this purse? Whoever is the winner is blessed, indeed, by your generosity. The colors and fabrics are fantastic! Who wouldn't LOVE to have this beautiful purse? I Would!!!
                              A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Working...
                              X