Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Matching seams in bargello

Quote Originally Posted by TMP View Post
    How talented you are ! I agree I do not think I have ever seen a bargello any prettier. I don't think I could give it away.
    I try very hard to be a good mother-in-law, so when this daughter-in-law (who rarely asks for anything) said she would like a quilt for Christmas, I said "yes" without ever thinking it would be this detailed a pattern. I'm ready to gift it!! Thank you for the sweet comments -

2. Thanks MSN thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Vonnie! I'm going to have it quilted and have been looking online at other bargellos to see how they were done. It looks like most are quilted "with" the waves of the design. I'm going to sit down with the lady who will quilt it and see what she thinks. If you have suggestions, I'm more than open to hear. This is my first and last bargello, lol.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My top of this quilt has been done for over a year now. I dont know how I want to quilt it so its a long term ufo. Looking forward to seeing what you decide. I do want to make another in this pattern with some bright colors. I love the colors you chose!
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

5. Thanks icwilson thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have made many bargellos and it is important that your seams match or it will not flow right

7. Thanks icwilson thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Linda mac View Post
    Yes I have made many bargellos and it is important that your seams match or it will not flow right
    They did end up matching pretty well. It's just some of the narrow pieces were only 7/8" wide to begin with, so when you take 1/4" off each side... well, those especially were tough to do.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! You are an awesome MIL. Great job on the quilt. I've purchased a book of barge lol patterns, but haven't gotten the nerve to do it yet.

10. Thanks icwilson thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I know right now that I will only ever LOOK at bargellos but never make one with the skinny strips. Yep, suits me fine. But yours is so gorgeous. I sure hope you are struttin' your stuff.

12. Thanks icwilson thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job on the quilt!

I have this pattern, but have not even chosen the colors yet. I have time, and at least 4 quilts ahead of this one.

14. Thanks icwilson thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Karen, to prepare myself for making the Diamond Jubilee pattern I read a dozen different tutorials/patterns on pinterest and other websites, but they all did the "tube" method, which made me think, "Yeah - I can do that. Sounds pretty simple." Then I got the Diamond Jubilee pattern in and it is a lot more detailed and intricate than the tube method. But, as long as I kept everything labeled and organized, it went just as the instructions said it would. Good luck with your first bargello! Thank you!

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LLLinda View Post
    I know right now that I will only ever LOOK at bargellos but never make one with the skinny strips. Yep, suits me fine. But yours is so gorgeous. I sure hope you are struttin' your stuff.
    LLLinda, I'm a pastor's wife, but when I laid the finished top out, I turned to my husband and said, " Just look at that! I am ****ed impressive!" That's as "struttin'" as I've gotten, lol.

17. Thanks LLLinda thanked for this post