• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Wednesday again?

81a693460b674079a6bf5d550b5baa56.jpg

Good morning dear friends. All ready for Christmas? Well it will come whether you are or not you are ready, is what I was told yesterday, LOL!! Well I am about as ready as I am ever going to be.

We had a lovely lunch after quilting yesterday and lucky me I was able to bring home the leftovers. Seems they would have been thrown out. I hate to see good food go to waste. My goodness there is enough for at least two other meals. While I was in town, I picked up an emergency roadside assistance kit for my niece. I also got my light and oven liner for the stove and mailed out Greg and Ashley's parcel.

Today I shall work on finishing a few projects, I hope.

Have a great day friends. Keep on smiling away.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: Wednesday again?
    Last edited by Star lover; March 13, 2022, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• JCY
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2013

Good Morning ~ I'm trying to decide if there's anything I need to get from the store before the snow & deep freeze come. (There's a chance we might have a white Christmas.) I think I'm stocked up on groc. I've been back & forth with Walmart Pharmacy about the dr. order for a new glucose meter. Since it was only 3 yrs. from the last one, the ins. isn't going to pay for it. I'll call Accu-Chek today to see what they have to say. Otherwise, I'll have to buy it out of pocket, I guess. I can't be without a meter to monitor my blood sugar levels.

After the busy morning in the kitchen making chicken soup yest., I didn't feel like doing that much the rest of the day. I finished the latest book I'm reading. I recently discovered a new (to me) author, Charlotte Hubbard, who writes delightful Amish fiction. I think I like her even better than Beverly Lewis. Her books are hard to put down.

I hope to get some quilting done today. We'll enjoy "the warm before the storm". It's supposed to be at least 60 today.

Comment

• grammaterry
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2015

Oh my, today I really laughed at the funny. Thanks.
        The cough and throat thing must definitely be a cold. I hate having a cold. I'm trying to stay happy and bubbly but when I cough it just isn't there.
        I finished binding the window coverings last night. With DH help, I squared them. My goodness I'm terrible at the details. Today I will put up the café rods and clip them onto it and hopefully I measured the windows correctly. THeres those dang details again.
        I've been thinking of making our big Christmas meal on Christmas eve and having shrimp and scallops Christmas day. I guess I'll ask DH how he feels about that. Since we are going to DD's on the 26th and she is having turkey and ham I thought a break in between might be good. Plus that gives DH time to play with his toy for Christmas. I got him some knife blanks and some wood to make handles so I know he will be in his shop all day. He isn't good about waiting. lol
        Its raining here today. COld is coming again.
        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
        Terry of NC

Comment

• KPH
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

It certainly is foggy here this morning. The cardinals woke me up this morning.

I'm planning on starting the precooking tomorrow. The roast and ham are thawing in the fridge. The recipes are all in my little notebook so I'll have everything handy and not have to go searching for one later. All of the ingredients are purchased, so we're as ready as we're going to get. I'll send DH for the kale salad packs on Saturday afternoon those will be the last to purchase for Christmas Eve dinner.

We've always had family over on Christmas Eve. Then everyone could be with their families on Christmas Day. It's nice to start that tradition again in our new home.

MIL sent an ornament this year, First Christmas in Our New House. It's the only breakable ornament on the whole tree. The kids have been really good after the first couple of no- no's they've left the tree and DH's train under it alone. The presents are all in our room. Using bags, I didn't want to have the temptation out when the young ones were here. DH wanted to staple them shut. I just rolled my eyes. There's not room for the stash in the great room anyway.

MIL also sent a Christmas Memory Book. I started filling it out. I told DH it has a place for the favorite Christmas card. lol, I have no idea how I'd choose! So many this year are so pretty with such sweet messages. It also has a place for a family picture. I'm sure that's going to be hard to capture with the house full that we'll have. But, we're going to give it our best shot. Maybe Nandy will take it for us.

I finished the story for the grands, only to realize... it's not Christmasy enough. I need to proof it in a couple of days, to see it with fresh eyes. But I think I'll start another one, keeping Christmas as the focal point. Hopefully, something will come since I've pulled these characters out and started playing with them again.

I'm missing my sewing room. The Daily Deals have been so very tempting. I'm trying to keep spending to a minimum until next year.

I hope everyone has a marvelous Wednesday filled with creativity and joy.

Prayers for those in need, thanksgiving for those already feeling the healing touch, and blessings for such sweet forum friends.
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• KarenC
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2015

Wow, you ladies are busy. Katrina, I can't believe you write Christmas stories for the grands. How special is that!

Didn't do much yesterday. Watched the GD and did DD's laundry while baby was napping. Bought one gift on my way home. Did manage to put together 2 more blocks for my holiday quilt. I guess I'll try to finish it for next year.

14 is the latest count I have for Christmas. Most of it is my SIL's family. They'really nice folks, but I just don't want to spend all my holidays with them. When I told DD I was doing Christmas, SIL immediately said he'd tell his family. At least his grandmother offered to bring banana pudding for desert. Oh well, it will all work out. Need to finish the grocery list today. Will try to sew the holiday mitts for the game that day.
            Karen
            Spring, TX

Comment

• Cathy F
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Morning all,
              Was up early so I could get my errands run before it got too busy in the stores. DH and I went to the cookie factory outlet and ended up buying more than I needed ( thanks to his sweet tooth!). My friend was supposed to go with me but she took a bad fall last night. Bought 2.5 lbs. of rainbow cookies to serve for dessert Christmas, and also the same for my friend and my son's household, plus a tray of petit fours, yum! Somehow I ended up with a few more variety of cookies when I got to the cash register that my husband liked.

Have some wrapping of stocking stuffers to do, and the rest goes in gift bags then I should be able to say I'm ready for Christmas. Tomorrow morning early I'll hit the food store the the dinner items I need.

Sewing is done for this year with the promise once again that I would start early for next year. Sounds good right, but something's always goes awry and throws me off track.

Sending hugs for all that need a few extra this time of year.
              Last edited by Cathy F; December 20, 2017, 09:26 AM.
              Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Lori63
                Missouri Star
                • Mar 2015

Sounds like everyone is busy and about ready for Christmas! Me, I'm no where near ready, but like someone said it will come whether I'm ready or not

I've pretty much given up on getting everything done. If you remember, I had pillowcases, stockings and two quilts to get done. Well, the pillowcases and stockings are done. The flannel rag quilt is almost sewn together and will be done before Christmas. I'm not going to stress over the last quilt. It's for my DGD who is three, I don't think she'll miss it too much, although it is one she requested (a combination of Frozen and Troll fabric!). Her bday is in February so she'll get it then.

I only have two side dishes to prepare so I have it easy with the cooking part this year. I need to pick up several last minute gifts and am waiting for a couple things I ordered online to be delivered and I'll be set. Oh, and I need to wrap quite a bit still.

We have a family dinner on Friday, then nothing until Monday, so I should be able to get everything done...I hope!

Have a wonderful day!
                Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

• CraftyJnet
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2015

We've been washing and rewashing blankets and our bedroom quilt. Our dog was skunked the other night and ran into the house and onto our bed! We immediately washed him with the peroxide mix that usually works, but he still had a lingering aroma. We washed him again yesterday with a commercial prep and then regular shampoo and he smells better, but there is still a bit of skunk on him. Poor boy! Poor us! Other than that, I ordered the last of the Christmas gifts (I hope) and I have one more doggy quilt to do for my DD's BF's dog. Then we are officially ready for Christmas. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Jeannette

Comment

• MaryUK
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2016

I've had 2 days of sewing. Just the binding to go on DGS quilt and a bit more quilting to do for DD before I can bind that - I am sure I'll get them both finished. Can't wait to see DD's face on Christmas Day - she's expecting 6 mug rugs to match the placemats I made last year (or was it the year before?) - the quilt is in the same fabric so it will all match in her dining room.

Just got a problem with DGS quilt. The border is plain navy blue so I used a frixion pen to draw lines to quilt along. When I came to iron the marks out I am left with white lines!!! This has never happened before so don't know why it should this time. DD has had a look and said it looks fine and her son won't notice anyway!! I had thought about washing it but there's no time to get it dry in time!!

Comment

• LLLinda
                      The Guild President
                      • Mar 2017

It should come out in the wash. At least mine did.

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2013

I had a fun day today. I got to go out for our annual Christmas lunch with a few friends. I always look forward to that and we exchange gifts too. I was beside myself, this year the two dog wardens joined together and got me a gift certificate for a massage!! OMG, I love it! It's something I' ve really wanted and couldn't justify the expense! I know what I'll be doing one day in January :-)
                        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Working...
                        X