Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Carpenters Star Pattern.....

I'd be looking at the 10 inch squares for such a large quilt. I've made one using 2.5 squares and it ended up at 15 inches...

Just a thought..

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
    As to your question about where we get our patterns - all over the place. I have quite a few books of patterns that I've bought used from Amazon and on sale at Joann Fabrics. There are tons of websites that post free quilt patterns. I have a whole bunch of quilts that I've exported to my I-photo album called "Quilt Ideas." That way I can just swing over there and find one to make. (I don't always need a pattern.) I also like print-outs rather than storing them in my computer. I've got 3 big binders filled with quilt patterns, craft ideas, embroidery patterns, etc. I print them out in black and white so I don't waste that expensive color ink in the printer and then I export a picture to I-photo. Since I only started doing that recently I write I-photo on the pattern if I have a color picture of it. I also get lots of ideas by just googling a particular quilt or block. I hit images and tons of photos come up showing different variations of whatever I've googled.
    You and I do similar things, like printing out the patterns in black/white, having binders full with different patterns etc. I think that is the best way to keep track of everything.
    greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    I just downloaded this pattern yesterday. Since it is all half square triangles just make them bigger. But this has to end up square, right? So what size do you make kings? I make queens only.
    The king pattern I just got is 103" square.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

4. Thanks Mistysmom thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The pattern shown is 8 blocks by 8 blocks. I the blocks were made at 12" it would be 96 x 96. Add your border to make it the size you would want - probably 100 - 110"?