• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AnnieF
    Batting Beauty
    • Apr 2014

Craft fair

My Mom and I did our second ever craft show last weekend. We had fun and sold pretty well. It was interesting to see the differences between the show we had done last year and this one - this was outdoors and while there were lots more people, most were there to have a fun day outside with the kids, not to seriously shop. But we still did slightly more in sales than we had done at last year's indoor show.

Somehow I managed to not take one single picture of the day. And I completely sold out of my microwave cozies (definitely the big hit) so I don't have any pictures of those either. But I just took pictures of a couple of my leftover items that I enjoyed making:

Reversible bread/roll basket liners:

craft bread liner covered.jpg
    craft bread liner open.jpg
    craft bread liner snowflakes.jpg

And grocery totes (most of which had a matching produce bag so I could sell them as a set) - these were made of duck cloth (or similar) with French seams, so they are sturdy and nicely finished:

craft totes.jpg
    craft feather tote set.jpg

My mom tends to make fewer and larger items, like table runners, baby quilts and quilted throws. They didn't sell nearly as well as the smaller stuff like her potholders.

Anyway, it was fun and a good experience!
  • Midge
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2014

Re: Craft fair

Very pretty!

Comment

• laura44
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2014

Good for you, very nice items!

Comment

• Star lover
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2016

Great stuff and great ideas! Happy your fair went well for you!

Comment

• snippet
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2012

Awesome! So glad you did well. I noticed that too at our craft sale that the more expensive items didn't sell so well as the smaller items. So I am trying to find smaller items instead of quilts to sell. With quilts, I noticed people want larger quilts to fit on a queen, but the trouble is they won't pay the price for one that large. Big desire, small wallet :| I'm going to have to make some microwave holders - everyone seems to sell them easily.

Comment

• Monique
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2011

That's awesome. Congratulations.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Bubby
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

Your items were super nice! I think microwave cozies are "the" hot items this year. I hope Santa brings me a few.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Debbie Watters
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

Those items looked really nice. Glad you had a good show! It is so rewarding when other people like our work. I might have to give a try for the microwave cozies ... not enough time in the day to get it all done ...

Comment

• grammaterry
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2015

Yes, I found that with the Shriner benefit that everyone wanted Queen size quilts or bigger but they thought $100 was a lot and of course, I didn't sell anything for that price. I think a baby quilt should be at least $50 so a bigger quilt takes lots more material and lots more time and effort. Don't let that discourage you. Just have a few available and watch them ooh and ahh and they will eventually sell.
                  In the mean time, the smaller items will pay your booth rent and give you encouragement to do more next time. Your stuff is very very nice.
                  success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                  Terry of NC

Comment

Working...
                  X