Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Candy bark

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Candy bark

Does anyone have a good bark recipe? I'd also like to make fudge but it seems a little fiddly so I thought starting with bark would be best.
    Michele

To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Candy bark

Fudge is SUPER easy!!! Follow the recipe on the marshmallow crème jar for Fantasy Fudge. Change up the flavor...use semi-sweet or white chocolate or milk chocolate.....I've never failed!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on the flavor you want to make. I like dark chocolate with something salty or minty.

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...yped&term_meta[]=candy%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=bark%7Ctyped

Lorie

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't exactly a bark recipe but very easy and tastes wonderful. I sometimes use chopped almonds instead of pecans, and a light sprinkling of sea salt is a good addition. We just call it "Cracker Candy" and eat it up! In fact, on my to do list for today for a get together on Saturday (it keeps really well)

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/...toasted-pecans

Found another version (there are lots, just do a google search) This version is by Trisha Yearwood.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...recipe-2107651
    Last edited by Murphy224; December 7th, 2017 at 08:09 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Murphy, I have a similar recipe that uses graham crackers, I don't remember it having chocolate though. It's always a hit.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ages ago -- when the kids were home, & before I developed diabetes -- I used to make candy at Christmas time using the white almond bark. Additions I used were cashew nuts, crushed peppermint sticks, candied fruit peel. Separate mixes, of course, using just one of the items in a batch. Our favorite was the peppermint. Another favorite candy I used to make was Aplets. Aplets & Cotlets are a Pacific NW candy. I have a recipe in an old Pac. NW cookbook. Alas -- no candy around our house these days. DH won't eat sweets, & I shouldn't have them. Have you checked on line for candy bark recipes?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Some where I think I have a quick & easy recipe for bark. It doesn't use the crackers. Let me go look. Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ok found it. Since DH isn't here to scan it in and post it I will have to type it all out. Sorry.
    10 oz package of chips chocolate, white, your choice
    1Tb vegetable oil
    1tsp extract your choice
    nuts
    Dried fruit
    candy bits
    1 melt chips in microwave at 50% power for 3 minutes, stirring halfway through
    2 add vegetable oil and extract of your choice
    3 stir in nuts, fruits of your choice
    4 spread out in a greased foil lined pan
    5 let harden in refrigerator for 2 hrs then break into pieces.

I've made this using chocolate, nuts & orange extract.......white chocolate chips and pepermint extract with a little red food coloring stirred in part of mixture then swirled in.
    Haven't made this in a long time. Maybe will add this to the never ending Christmas to do list. Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Fudge is SUPER easy!!! Follow the recipe on the marshmallow crème jar for Fantasy Fudge. Change up the flavor...use semi-sweet or white chocolate or milk chocolate.....I've never failed!
    Best fudge EVER!
    Melissa

I really hate it when the voices in my head argue among themselves as though I wasn't even in the room.

I tried to be normal once......worst two minutes of my life.

Batting Beauty

Dewey, Arizona (transplanted Hoosier from Hobart, Indiana)
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Bubba and meliswan - that is the best and easiest fudge to make! Tastes good also! On my list of things to make next Saturday. That is our cookie baking day with two of my daughters and grandkids. We have been doing this for years - and have a great time! Some of the cut out butter cookies may have a tad too much sugar but the kids have a great time decorating them!