Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday of a brand new month

Quote Originally Posted by LLLinda View Post
    Waiting, waiting, waiting to hear from drs office for DH's surgery date for carotid artery clean out. We are hoping to have it over with and at least mostly recovered by Christmas. Then we are looking at Feb for his second surgery. I keep my sanity by spending a good deal of time in my sewing room.
    Linda, I know what you mean by keeping your sanity. hugs & Prayers Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to say that today I'm going to do nothing, nothing, nothing but alas that's not true. Have to hop in the shower and then get downtown to mail out my Secret Santa box. While I'm out there I should go grocery shopping but I don't want to. We'll see.

I still have to bring in all the stuff that is locked in my car from the Craft Fair this weekend. The Band helps with setting up for that and my neighbors girl is in the band. I made a clarinet keychain to give her for helping out but guess what.....it's the flute she plays! Ok...my bad. So last night I embroidered a flute one and I'll give it to her tomorrow :-) I also embroidered an RN design to put in a frame for my older sister's birthday present (January 12). It's cute, says: "I'm a Nurse. I can't fix stupid but I can sedate it". I did it in her school colors. I only have two more Christmas gifts to do up. A potato zapper and a tote. Yeah!

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

4. Thanks Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all. Had a great weekend as DS#1 was 62! DS#3 was down from MA and he came to the cemetery and lunch on Sunday. There were 28 of us, 20 adults and 8 kids. Our good time together was marred but the restaurant's failure to have the separate dining room ready for us even though we reserved it months ago and gave them a deposit. We ended up in the main room sitting at a long, long table which made it difficult for talk to everyone but we made the best of it, 2 nephews and families that we haven't seen in several years attended so that made the day good. We don't exchange gifts but as the oldest in our family I usually give the kids a my brother and sisters a little something, This year I gave the kids, 4 - 9 yrs., Santa and Snowman mugs I picked up at the Dollar Store and my sisters and brother were pleased with the photo of the 4 of us that DH had printed out and put into a fridge magnet pouch. This year DH and I were surprised with the huge basket my nieces and nephew made us filled with healthy snacks and fruit. What a great way to begin the Holiday Season. Now on to getting our packages wrapped and mailed to our 7 great grandsons. Also another cup of coffee is needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORNING COFFEE.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	148210  

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just came out of the bedroom for a glass of water. Not feeling so hot....but I am going to have to get going at least before 4:30pm today. I have a few things that have to get done, regardless if I have this monster of a headache. Hopefully the medication I just took will help with the vomiting issues so I can get the things I need to do finished today before 5 pm.

Have a good day everyone !

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

8. Thanks Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Sugar hope you feel better soon.

I managed to get a little sewing done this weekend. I had hoped to sew all day Saturday, but adult children thought we needed Christmas lights this year so, we went all over town on Saturday looking for lights, finally found enough and got them hung. They do look nice, but for all the work they are, I'm not sure it's worth it! They promised to take them down after Christmas.

Spent Sunday helping DD3 meal prep for next week, not sure why she thinks we needed to do that, but I did prep lunches for me for the week too, so I'm set.

I'm starting to panic. I don't see how I'm going to get everything done in time for Christmas. At first I was really enjoying the holiday season, now I just want it over.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

10. Thanks Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Monique you did a no-no!! You told us how many days till Christmas, that's supposed to be hush hush. My dd used to tell me every day how many days till Christmas and just knowing the number would stress me out!! Sugar, I hope your headache is gone by now. It is so hard to get anything done when you are in pain.

Making lots of progress on my dd quilt for Christmas. I attached the binding and it went on like a dream, corners mitered perfectly, no puckers, no skipped stitches. Now just to hand hem the back side. I think it will be done in time except for the label which I haven't had a chance to make yet.

So much to do this week. Lots of grocery shopping and cooking and baking. Tried to avoid doing all my shopping online this year but I have three items in my basket at Amazon, so I might as well pull the trigger and get those things off my list. They make it so easy with that one click ordering thing! I haven't been out to the actual stores yet to do my other shopping. Guess that will be on my agenda for next week. Have a great day everyone. And Judy USMC you continue to be in my thoughts daily.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Woke up with a migraine and sick tummy this morning so I stayed home from work and have done nothing other than doze off and on all day. Still waiting on one gift to come in the mail, but everything else is wrapped. Need to box up the gifts to go out of town so I can mail them this week. Hope to make some granola tonight - otherwise, nothing planned. Supper will be left-overs because I don't feel like cooking a meal!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

After a very easy weekend, the week is starting out busy and continuing. Today was our Quilt luncheon and gift exchange. Food was good as always and the gifts were all so different. We had a $10 limit so you really have to get creative. Tomorrow is another luncheon but this time it is for our golf group and we don't exchange gifts but bring canned goods for the food pantry, Wednesday is an eye doctor's appointment for my DH and hopefully my annual mammogram if they can 'squeeze me in' while he is at this appointment, Thursday is the annual Holiday Tea that is hosted by the Friends of the Library of which I am a member and Friday is finally a relaxing day with a pedicure. Here in South Texas we are still wearing shorts, but tonight it is turning cooler with rain possible which we need. Have a grand week everyone.