Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Christmas Tree Up

CV and Katrina........Well thank you all so very much. You're right, each ornament is special.....collected over 40 years, including the first ornament we purchased for our first tree. The popcorn is real....bought it somewhere years ago, it's coated with something and it sure looks real and had lasted!

Linda.......I'm hand quilting a Katie's quilt....I'm calling it Star Struck. I'm lovin doing it! The one on the back of the chair is a cheater lap quilt. 20 years ago, I was afraid to use the good ones, so I thought the cheaters would be great with all my boys and their ruff housing. I was wrong. They know to treasure them, and have always treated them well. So this one survives.

Myrna, I too struggle this time of year. I dread Christmas, every year. I have to work at what it's all really about, the birth of my Lord and Savior. It does make a difference, but for me, it takes a bit. I have memories that make it tough. But the Lord works mysteriously and Christmas will sing in my heart before it's all over. For me, Christmas is for life, not just 25 December. So the struggles I have aren't for Christmas itself.....those rotten memories!

I hope the true spirit of Christmas will shine through for you and you can still enjoy it. Love and hugs!
    Anita

2. Thanks MSN, auntstuff, MRoy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful tree, Barb - and so are the table runner & quilt!

We haven't bought our tree yet; will probably wait until DD gets home from college in a week or so.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love love LOVE your tree Barb! Here's mine. Not the best picture but it's all I've got for now. This is the earliest I think I have ever put up my tree.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tree.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	148231
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

5. Thanks pcbatiks, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love everyone's trees! Here are my two, one traditional, one white with
    vintage pink ornaments.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tree.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	148258Click image for larger version. 

Name:	white tree.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	148259

7. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Your trees are beautiful. Anita, don't apologize. Your tree sings out love. I've lived in the same little house for 36 years and when I go to visit my children and see their big stately homes, I come home a little down that there really isn't anything I can do to fix it. but then I realize that this little house is where they got their values and learned about decorating. Remember in the 80's when times were really lean, we made all of our decorations and as tacky as they were, they created memories.
    My daughter and I were talking Monday about trees and the expense of fake trees. She was trying to justify buying a $500plus tree. I pointed out that what she had already done with decorations was good and the boys just weren't into much helping. They have everything. She made a beautiful advent calendar and then went to the $$ store and purchased cheap, crappy toys to put in it for them to unwrap. Certainly not anything they needed...and you know what...those gifts are getting more use than the drones they got last year. I really think if these gifts were wrapped under the tree from Santa they would bring just as much joy.
    Its just not about the stuff!! Its about the joy of the season. I've gone into stores this year to buy things not for Christmas, like Grocerys and curtain rods and insulbright and as I leave, I make it a point to turn around and wish each person in the line a joyous and Merry Christmas. You should see the looks on their faces!!
    Its not about the grandness of your tree or your house. Its about the love we have for God for giving us Jesus and the WORD. Rejoice, celebrate and if your tree brings you joy, embrace it.

9. Thanks EnumclawGramma, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I need a LIKE button Terry!
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

11. Thanks EnumclawGramma, auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

"U have one. It is on the left under the brown bar at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by amartin24 View Post
    I need a LIKE button Terry!

13. Thanks Bubby thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    "U have one. It is on the left under the brown bar at the bottom.
    On my iPad the bar is red.....but below the reply....reply with quote and on the left. There's a yellow happy face with the words Thanks for this post. Just click it!
    Anita

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    Your trees are beautiful. Anita, don't apologize. Your tree sings out love. I've lived in the same little house for 36 years and when I go to visit my children and see their big stately homes, I come home a little down that there really isn't anything I can do to fix it. but then I realize that this little house is where they got their values and learned about decorating. Remember in the 80's when times were really lean, we made all of our decorations and as tacky as they were, they created memories.
    My daughter and I were talking Monday about trees and the expense of fake trees. She was trying to justify buying a $500plus tree. I pointed out that what she had already done with decorations was good and the boys just weren't into much helping. They have everything. She made a beautiful advent calendar and then went to the $$ store and purchased cheap, crappy toys to put in it for them to unwrap. Certainly not anything they needed...and you know what...those gifts are getting more use than the drones they got last year. I really think if these gifts were wrapped under the tree from Santa they would bring just as much joy.
    Its just not about the stuff!! Its about the joy of the season. I've gone into stores this year to buy things not for Christmas, like Grocerys and curtain rods and insulbright and as I leave, I make it a point to turn around and wish each person in the line a joyous and Merry Christmas. You should see the looks on their faces!!
    Its not about the grandness of your tree or your house. Its about the love we have for God for giving us Jesus and the WORD. Rejoice, celebrate and if your tree brings you joy, embrace it.
    You are so correct. It's not what we have, what we do for a living, what kind of vehicle we drive or how nice our clothes are, it's about what is in our heart. We live small and love it. This picture hangs in our hallway and makes me smile every day....

Name:	God Knows.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	148275

16. Thanks grammaterry, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

oh what a wonderful plaque. I love this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    You are so correct. It's not what we have, what we do for a living, what kind of vehicle we drive or how nice our clothes are, it's about what is in our heart. We live small and love it. This picture hangs in our hallway and makes me smile every day....

Name:	God Knows.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	148275