Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Things your Mom would say

Phew, some of these stories are really bittersweet. Mine would say, this too shall pass. Yes, it always did but I started to hate hearing it. Sometimes I just wanted a little sympathy. She also told me to look at a guy's fingernails to see if they were clean and to never date a mechanic. I guess she thought I'd pick up germs??? I was told to never go barefoot outside because I might get worms (except at the beach).

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

OK I have one for you... the only advise my mother said to me was "don't play house" when I started dating. Had no idea what she was talking about. I was a late bloomer...very late bloomer.

3. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BethB View Post
    Most of what has been already said, but my mom also told us - "If you swallow the seed, you'll grow a {cherry, plum, etc} tree inside of you. I remember one day I did swallow a cherry pit and I was scared to death that I would soon have cherry branches growing out of my head!!

Nancy
    LOL, this brought back memories. When I was about 5, we were at a large family gathering. I accidentally swallowed a watermelon seed. Several people teased me about it and I was scared so I ran to my Mom and told her about it. She told me that next time I went poop, it would come out in the poop. Needless to say, I went back and told everyone in a loud voice what my Mom said. She was embarrassed! But I was happy. And she was right!
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just remember something my grandmother told me. Don't take a bath/shower when it's that time of the month or it might give you epilepsy. I did not follow those words of wisdom!
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Vonnie that's too funny. There's one I had never heard LOL

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, if you lived around hog farms, there was some truth to the worm thing.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't get yelled at very often because I was the oldest of 7 and "Mother's Helper" so I said many of the same things to my younger brothers and sisters. Only 4 of us left but when I see them this weekend I'll ask them what they thought were my scariest threats. My sons would probably say, "Sit down and Shut Up."
    Last edited by MissMay; November 29th, 2017 at 12:09 PM.