Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Thursday and THANKSGIVING too

Happy Thanksgiving to all my forum friends. It's wonderful to have such a learned and creative bunch of friends, even though we're all miles away... cyber hugs for all.

It's going to be quiet around here. Grandkids will be with their mom's parents today. They were all here for Family night dinner last night. DIL will be in the ER today. Here's hoping it will be a quiet day for her. One things for sure, if people were planning to fry their turkey today, they won't be doing it here. It's pouring!

DS#2 goes in to work at 5 and gets off at midnight. He has to be back at 7am on Friday. I asked him yesterday if he wanted to just take a sleeping bag and stay overnight. He laughed and said, 'I don't sleep as well on concrete as I used to.' lol, I told him he must be getting old. I remember the days when I wondered why we even bought both boys beds.

I do hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving to all! My main computer has been in the shop and I could not remember my forum password to use on this laptop! grr I have missed all of you .

This past year has been one of the hardest times of my entire life. I am so thankful for each and everyone of you and the support that you all have shown me. Your cards and letters have meant a lot to me. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving .

Love to all my quilting buddies!
    Teresa

We were in Walmart last night of all places and GS spies Paw Patrol fabric. He said Grandmommy please please make me a Paw Patrol quilt. So we bought 3 yards of this fabric. Bless his heart after the man cut it he ask if he could carry it. Guess I am going to be making a Paw Patrol quilt next.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53308409858__7A552722-FDD5-4DBB-9B5C-1D4A432890FD.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	147954
    Last edited by TMP; November 23rd, 2017 at 11:31 AM.

4. Thanks Monique, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    Buddy I love that picture :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving forum friends. I am always thankful for this forum and all the friendly forum members that spend time here.

Joy your DH's expression of thanks made me smile. I hope the two of you have a wonderful day together.

Terry, we are going super simple this year. I made a double batch of soup last might for our meal today along with a smaller pot of soup with no meat for our son. On my side of the family we would rather have something besides the big turkey dinner. I will mix up a cheese ball to go with the soup and we will be ready to eat.

Katrina.......that is a good way to know when you are no longer a kid.....when you can't sleep on a hard floor anymore.

Teresa, I can see why you are making a Paw Patrol quilt next. How can you resist a sweet face & request like that.

I am thankful for my family, our health, and my friends. Also thankful that quilting is my hobby.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Dewey, Arizona (transplanted Hoosier from Hobart, Indiana)
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving to my forum friends! I have lurked around here for time and I must say thank you for all the good information and sharing that you have provided. I am grateful that I am able to enjoy reading, seeing and absorbing the beautiful quilts made by talented quilters! Thanks for being so generous with your sharing of everything ...

10. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so thankful for all of you. Happy Thanksgiving!

Jeannette

12. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving to all my forum friends who I dearly love!

DH is at work until 4:00 so I'm watching the parade and doing food prep but we won't eat until tomorrow. A young couple bought the house next to us about 6 months ago and he loves to cook and entertain. We will be going over to eat with them today. I imagine there will also be 15-20 of his friends who are great kids. They always yell hey Miss Carol when I walk out and have the best conversations with me.

For everyone on the road this holiday I pray for safe travels. For everyone who is alone and wishing someone would share their day with you I send you lots of hugs.

14. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

THANKFUL FOR DH & MY IMPROVING HEALTH AND FOR ALL THE HELP THAT FAMILY AND FRIENDS HAVE GIVEN US THIS YEAR. EVER THANKFUL FOR THE GREAT M* FORUM.

HAVE A WONDERFUL TURKEY DAY.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!

"May you always be blessed with the rich and beautiful gifts of life"
    Maggie

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands: one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!