Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Another use for Parchment paper

Patty, make your paper long enough that when you pour off the grease so it goes over the paper and not under. I do it pretty quickly after plating the bacon. Then whip off the paper trying to do it carefully to keep the pan clean. The only thing I ever have is a place or two where the coating on the paper has rubbed It wipes right off. All I have to do is give a quick wipe with a dishrag and a wipe with the dish towel and I'm done. So much better than a greasy sheet pan or worse a greasy stovetop.

2. Thanks Astatoo thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just leave the parchment paper on the jelly roll pan until the grease solidifies then just fold and throw in the trash. No mess
    Vernona

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use parchment paper on my cookie sheets all the time. Also when making pizza at home, put the dough on it, add your toppings and then slide the peel underneath to put it on the stone in the oven. Makes handling the pizza so much easier. I also roll out pie crusts on parchment. I use my trusty blue painter's tape to hold it down on opposite sides. My crusts turn out better now with this method. I agree with grammaterry. It just doesn't seem right that it doesn't burn!

Oh. One more thing. If you make the no knead artisan bread that is so popular, it's much safer and easier to use parchment paper for that dough, cut large enough to make a sling for the dough. Then you can hold the paper by the edges and slip the dough into the dutch oven without having to lift a very very hot and heavy pan out of the oven to place the dough in the heated pan. Works great!

5. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use parchment paper when putting away leftover pizza if the slices need to be stacked. The cheese does not stick that way. Used to use foil between slices but little bits would get embedded in the cheese. I don't like tinfoil on my pizza! Lol

7. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't heard of the Artisan bread will have to see if I can find a recipe. jjkaiser, thanks for the idea for leftover pizza. DH will love it that he won't have foil with his pizza. LOL

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Parchment paper is a Godsend! I made sticky buns this morning, and it made rolling the dough soooooo easy! I buy it by the huge rolls at Sams and have several rolls waiting in backup. There is no end to its usefulness!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Aldi's has it but only seasonally so I try to stock up when I can.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE parchment paper. I even found a box of pre-cut sheets. I use it for rolling my pie crusts, cooking bacon, on cookie sheets, a sheet in my bread loaf pans or at the bottom of cake pans. We like to cook fish in the oven wrapped in parchment paper with herbs veggies. What's not to love about parchment paper!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/m...recipe-1949152

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patty J View Post
    Haven't heard of the Artisan bread will have to see if I can find a recipe. jjkaiser, thanks for the idea for leftover pizza. DH will love it that he won't have foil with his pizza. LOL
    The bread I'm talking about is from Jim Lahey of the Sullivan Street bakery. He put the recipe in Epicurious link below. This recipe is pretty forgiving, and I usually use more flour than he calls for - 450 grams, 9 grams salt and about 1 1/2 Cups or 315 grams of water. The dough is quite wet, and some people think that's wrong, but it's not. You are steaming the loaf and that is what creates the delicious rustic type crust. Of course it also depends on how moist/dry your flour is, too. So I don't put the water in all at once. Yes, the tiny amount of yeast is correct. Once you make this a couple times you will get the hang of it. Don't skip the preheating of this pan. This is essential, and why I started using parchment paper instead of a towel or plastic wrap for the dough. The parchment sling makes handling a very heavy cast iron dutch oven that is super hot much safer and easier. This is delicious with a homemade soup, especially. I make it with potato soup or bean soup, and with vegetable soup or minestrone, awesome! They just go together. Hope you enjoy it.
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...bread-56389453

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Parchment paper on a cookie sheet and cookies will never stick!