Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday and "m worried about Monique

Its Tuesday and I'm getting my forum fix this morning and I'm worried. Monique is always up and running by this time of day and I've been waiting. I hope that cold hasn't gotten the better of you. You are always on the go and I just worry that you've overdone it.
    The weather yesterday was outstanding and today is scheduled to be even better. High 50's . Can't beat that for a great fall day.
    I'm going to try to sew. Yesterday I did a little cleaning. Today I will as well. Tomorrow I will begin the cooking. We are expecting 20 at the table this year. NON traditional and I hope it works out. First time I am doing beef for Thanksgiving but that's what I need to use. There is so much left from the restaurant and I am so thankful that I'm not there!! But, just the two of us cannot use 17 lb ribeyes and I cannot let it just go to waste. So, I've told them all that primerib it is. I'll make all the traditional sides to accompany it.
    Hope all is well with all of my friends.

2. Thanks songbird857, tamsterg7, Claire Hallman, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday and "m worried about Monique

Moning Terry and all who'll follow....

I too have been wondering about Monique.....sometimes she sleeps in.....but you're right, this isn't her norm.

Worked like a ......well, I was going to say dog.....but dogs don't work! I'm sooo sore today. DH has been working 12 hours, so it's dark when He leaves and dark when he gets home. So I thought I'd be a "good little wife"..... so yesterday is horrible winds, I cleaned the gutters (quiet the sight....I'm terrified of heights!) and did the final clean up of the yard. With all the wind...not sure if it'll stay nice, but I'm done! Yeah! No more hard work.....at least that's what I told myself and DH.

So today's plan is to get some prep stuff done for the big pig out....... hoping to see ....well more than see, my sewing room. I've got an idea that's burining a hole in my brain! Doesn't always translate as cool, but oh my, in my head......

Hope Monique, you're doing OK and for everyone else....no more plagues! Feel better sooner than later.
    Love and hugs to all....

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My forum friends are the BESTEST!! You are the only ones who worry about me, truly.

I still have the cold and the cough though. I slept really well last night and that's why I wasn't up as early as I usually am. I took Nyquil so I wouldn't cough all night.

**RANT** My daughter-in-law posted yesterday that she had gotten two more rats. She was naming one after me. I was so insulted as she knows I detest them. Les didn't think I should be insulted. Maybe I did take it the wrong way. Anyway Rant over with**

Thank you my friends for letting me vent here as I have no other place to.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

6. Thanks NanaMaggie, Claire Hallman, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Monique, can you get a pig and name it after her??

Today is odds and ends day. You know the kind. Those ones where you are cleaning up all the things that have been hanging on that you've avoided. (phone calls, items strewn around the house that needed to be put away, last minute notes etc). Those days where you feel you've accomplished nothing but really have :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

8. Thanks Juliet Taylor, MSN, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    My forum friends are the BESTEST!!

**RANT** My daughter-in-law posted yesterday that she had gotten two more rats. She was naming one after me. I was so insulted as she knows I detest them. Les didn't think I should be insulted. Maybe I did take it the wrong way. Anyway Rant over with**
    OMG. I would be insulted too. Bless your heart. Hope your cold gets better soon.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

10. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, Aren't DILs sweet? Happy to hear you got a good nigjt;s sleep.

We received the cutiest Thanksgiving card from our 3 1/2 year old great grandson in CA, a turkey made from tracing the hands of his Dad, Mom (DGD#1), his 1 1.2 year old brother and his. Wish I could post some photos of the boys with their golden blond curls but parents requested nothing online.

Shopping market first thing after breakfast as we couldn't get into the place yesterday, everyone was so intent on their shopping they were crashing their carts and weren't doing much better with their cars in the parking lot. Not a good preview of Black Friday sales at almost every shop in town. Off we go to fight the crowd in the market, wish us luck.

12. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all! Monique glad to hear you got a good night sleep, sounds like you needed it. I can't stand rats either and would be upset too if someone named one after me!

I'm working today and just four hours tomorrow. I hope that means I'll have plenty of time to get everything ready for dinner on Thursday. Hubby is usually the cook, but he's come down with a nasty cold. He never complains when he gets sick, so I know he must fell pretty cruddy. I'm doing my best to avoid him and wash my hands. I don't have time to get sick!

Is it bad that I just want to get through Thanksgiving so I can start getting ready for Christmas? For some reason I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year!

Have a wonderful day!

14. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, I would have my feelings very hurt, naming a rat after someone is just mean!
    I have a friend that had a very ugly daughtere in law, she would constantly put on face book something about her Monster-in-law, and needless to say other bad things, but. When she needed money or house payment or money, she would never make a mention of the help she was getting. She knows lives with her mother, lost her 4 daughters , thru it all. I don’t get being mean and putting out there like that. Sorry You are going thru this.

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    My forum friends are the BESTEST!! You are the only ones who worry about me, truly.

I still have the cold and the cough though. I slept really well last night and that's why I wasn't up as early as I usually am. I took Nyquil so I wouldn't cough all night.

Thank you my friends for letting me vent here as I have no other place to.
    Monique, I remember years ago, when my DH's grandfather got upset when my DH Terry's parents got a new cat and named him "Herman" which was grandpa's first name !! Grandpa wasn't too thrilled about cats, and wasn't crazy about a cat being named after him either.....
    Actually.....Monique maybe it's a good thing? Maybe your DIL is more fond of you than you realize ! ? My son Travis' DW dislikes me (for unknown reasons) and I just let it roll off....it's trivial that she dislikes me in my opinion....simply because I have no idea WHY she acts the way she does. I don't see my son Travis & his family very much at all...so the dislike as always been a mystery to me.

Glad you are OK.....hope you are getting better !
    Name:  th5T2LY6JR.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  4.1 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

18. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    Hey Monique, can you get a pig and name it after her??

Today is odds and ends day. You know the kind. Those ones where you are cleaning up all the things that have been hanging on that you've avoided. (phone calls, items strewn around the house that needed to be put away, last minute notes etc). Those days where you feel you've accomplished nothing but really have :-)
    I thought 'cow'.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

20. Thanks MSN thanked for this post