Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday and "m worried about Monique

Maybe on some level is was a compliment. I don't own pet rats, but as a vet tech, I have seen my share of them in practice and they are very social, loving, kind and smart as well as being meticulously clean. All good qualities in our pets and in a mother-in-law.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    **RANT** My daughter-in-law posted yesterday that she had gotten two more rats. She was naming one after me. I was so insulted as she knows I detest them. Les didn't think I should be insulted. Maybe I did take it the wrong way. Anyway Rant over
    Oh Monique! I can understand why you are upset but I have known a couple people who have rats as pets. These people LOVE their rats and have told me (over and over again) how smart, clean and loving their rats are. They like them better than any other fur baby. Maybe take it as a compliment- you are smart, clean and loving.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, if you are lucky it will turn out to be a psychotic rat who bites every time she reaches in the cage. Then you can sit back and laugh.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    Its Tuesday and I'm getting my forum fix this morning and I'm worried. Monique is always up and running by this time of day and I've been waiting. I hope that cold hasn't gotten the better of you. You are always on the go and I just worry that you've overdone it.
    The weather yesterday was outstanding and today is scheduled to be even better. High 50's . Can't beat that for a great fall day.
    I'm going to try to sew. Yesterday I did a little cleaning. Today I will as well. Tomorrow I will begin the cooking. We are expecting 20 at the table this year. NON traditional and I hope it works out. First time I am doing beef for Thanksgiving but that's what I need to use. There is so much left from the restaurant and I am so thankful that I'm not there!! But, just the two of us cannot use 17 lb ribeyes and I cannot let it just go to waste. So, I've told them all that primerib it is. I'll make all the traditional sides to accompany it.
    Hope all is well with all of my friends.
    Terry, last year we had a decidedly non traditional meal. We had originally planned to go to my parents, but they weren't feeling well, so we found out at about 9 in the morning that we would be here. We had the sides, because that is what we were bringing to their house.... But no turkey!
    My hubby ran to some stores in Connecticut, because stores in Massachusetts are closed on Thanksgiving ( not far, we're close to the state line). No one had a simple turkey breast or small turkey that wasn't frozen. He called and asked me if I thought fish would be ok... I love fish. So he brought home cod, salmon, and some crab cakes... It was yummy!