Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Panasonic Cordless Iron is a weekly special!

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ss-iron-purple

I don't have this one but have an earlier version that I bought about 3 years ago. It's still going strong and I love it!

So nice to not have that cord wrinkle your fabric after you just ironed it.

I have heard others complaining about the recharge base, but I always set the iron down anyway to re-position the fabric so it's not an inconvenience to just sit it back on the recharge base.

Also, before I got my longarm, I used to use 505 spray to make a quilt sandwich on the floor. I would then heat set the adhesive with the cordless iron. I could iron 1/4 of a queen size quilt before setting it back on the recharge base.
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Panasonic Cordless Iron is a weekly special!

Mine cools off too fast. It works fine when you are ironing small pieces, but cools off too fast to iron a whole quilt top, which is where the cordless feature is really useful.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I also have an earlier version of this iron. It will be 3 years old in Feb. I love it best investment I ever did. I set it back in its charging base to reposition fabric and its always ready to go. It heats up quickly and steams like a dragon.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I guess this is my sign to buy this iron, lol

I've been going back & forth over what to buy since my Shark iron took its last, nesr-fatal nosedive off the board.

I was considering an Oliso or a Rowenta, but if I get this one I can ALSO get the Rowenta as well and not bust my budget too badly.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Mine cools off too fast. It works fine when you are ironing small pieces, but cools off too fast to iron a whole quilt top, which is where the cordless feature is really useful.
    I have to second what Jean said. Mine only stays hot long enough for a quilt block or two. I use a German made Rowenta when I need serious pressing power.
    Diana Grey

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I bought this iron on HSC when they were celebrating their anniversary; I got the one with the ceramic soleplate. I love this iron! I have not had any issues with it not staying hot and I really like that it is cordless
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have had my iron for a couple of years now and still LOVE it.
    I bought it to press my quilt tops because I hated the cords getting tangled up when trying to struggle with those large quilts.
    This iron is awesome!
    Mine stays hot a long time so I am able to keep pressing until I have to re-position fabric. I also bring it to all of my sew outings and I like the fact that I can pack it up into the base and not have to wait for it to cool off first.

Sheep Farmer by day........Quilter-in-Training by night
    The Farmmyfarm

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'll keep using my $5. corded Black & Decker iron which works just fine & stays at the right temp. all the time. I didn't watch it, but there is a video on YT about the iron. Other stores carry it for about the same price.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on when you want it to arrive, Massdrop has it now for 20 dollars less that MSQC. Not to take away a sale from them but 20 dollars is 2 yards of fabric.