Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Questions about making a pad for my cat Mason who has claimed a box....and likes to lay in it ....

I just finished new cat bed inserts. Basically, my cats love boxes from Costco, so I have several around the house. Then I make 4 pads the size of the bottom. Sort of like larger place mats with 80/20 batting. I practice my new FMQ designs on each pad. When the top pad gets dirty, I toss it in the wash and leave the other mats. The cats are happy with clean mats all the time. I did try to make a pillow stuffed with leftover fabric but one of my cats started in some sort of weird Minky eating binge! He chewed holes all over the pillow. I have to hide my Minky now! Yeah, weird cat.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Questions about making a pad for my cat Mason who has claimed a box....and likes to lay in it ....

Our cat prefers soft fuzzy things to lay on. Fleece is a good one. Like others I just make a pad, like a placemat that can be laundered. I find the left over scraps stuffed into a pad get lumpy over time and in our stupid high efficiency washer I don't think they get very clean. But that's another topic...
    Heather

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So far....many of you have come up with great ideas !!! I also enjoyed the awesome stories about your cats too (and dog(s) ) ....I didn't think about using fleece, and I do have some to make the pad with. I also think that "Mason" will enjoy a pillow too....he puts his head next to mine when he's in bed with me....I have never seen a cat who sleeps like a human, but Mason does. He loves sleeping with me at night. During the day, he either lays on the back of my Lazy Boy recliner and puts back the curtain to watch birds/gofers etc.. He doesn't like to be out in the living room by himself at night. Give him 10-15 minutes after all the lights are out...and ZOOM! he is in the master bedroom with me!

Thanks for all the suggestions AND the great stories !

Name:  cat-goldfish.gif
Views: 22
Size:  19.6 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"