Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another fall hanging

This wall hanging was so hard coming together. I put it all together and my son said wrong color corn husk (original was a pale green, then we changed to a pale yellow finally settled on this brownish greenish yellow. The corn stalk tassel changed from green to yellow to what you see now which is embroidery floss 2 metallic 2 regular in different colors crochet chained stitch. Leaves changed colors a few times, as did the background.And oh those pesky acorns as I pulled it all off my design board to lay it on batting for the first applique and acorn went missing. So I got 2 new ones but with different color tops as couldn't find original fabric. So now had 3 acorns instead of 2. Hubby and I looked all over for the missing acorn, then son helped look. We were afraid the cats had run off with it and it has steam a seam on it, not good for kitties belly. I went to work, took of my coat and sat down a min before I started. I raised my hand to scratch my head and what do you think was there? Stuck to my sleeve was he acorn bottom!!! but not the top.I tucked it in my wallet and went to work. Came home and as I approach my desk to change my glasses what do you think? The missing acorn top stuck to the side of my desk. OK now I have 4 acorns. Son says now sew it this has been torture coming together. So I finished this up today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	147827
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Another fall hanging

oh my gosh. I can't even imagine it it so cool. How did you make the corn? I've lost "things" too and find them in the weirdest places.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
    oh my gosh. I can't even imagine it it so cool. How did you make the corn? I've lost "things" too and find them in the weirdest places.
    The corn is indian corn fabric, which was my main reason for doing this project. I had used the corn fabric as a border before but thought OMG I can use it in this as ears of corn.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

You are seriously so creative. You are starting to help me think "out of the box". I'm way to serious of a quilter. I need to have fun.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I love it all, but especially those 3-D tassels! And the great story, of course.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When I saw the title of this post, I thought someone had been hanged, and it happened more than once....we are living in this world today so it is sad but funny at the same time. Nice finish with all those obstacles!
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously that is a very creative piece. Really artsy. Many of your pieces have that quality I've noticed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your funny acorn search story. Two days ago I was searching for a missing applique berry. Finally found it fused to the bottom of my iron. Sigh.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

What a family collaboration and memory!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful wall hanging. So creative. Glad the kitties didn't find the missing acorns.