Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Option to filter sold out items from shop search results?

It seems like so many items I browse through are sold out. Something pretty catches my eye, but wait - nope - there's the "Sold Out" strike across it. I got a wild hair and actually counted how many jelly rolls are sold out, and it's 99 out of 374 results (or one quarter of the selection!).

Maybe the MSQC gift card I got for my birthday is just burning a hole in my pocket, but it seems like new fabric items in general are't being added to the site near as quickly as the competitors. Who knows, maybe a big batch of new fabrics is just around the corner and I just need to be more patient :p

I would love an option to filter out out-of-stock items when browsing or searching MSQC's online shop. I think this would streamline the shopping process since you'd see your options for what you can order that day.

2. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Option to filter sold out items from shop search results?

Ahh great idea, or even if they just got reordered to the end of the results so they didn't distract while browsing.

Or better yet, we'll just have them in stock constantly until they aren't available and go away forever, that's the holy grail right there

We'll get on it!

4. Thanks The_Last_Unicorn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Ahh great idea, or even if they just got reordered to the end of the results so they didn't distract while browsing.

Or better yet, we'll just have them in stock constantly until they aren't available and go away forever, that's the holy grail right there

We'll get on it!
    Yes, I noticed that fabric.com puts their inventory with low or no stock at the end of the listings. Might be an improvement to browsing. I find it cumbersome to also start at the beginning of the listing after I've seen specifics on an item and want to go back to browsing, it seems like it would be better to continue where I left off. Can't remember if this has already been added as a shopping/browsing feature, haven't done much lately, my basement already looks like a mini branch of MSQC!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Yes, I noticed that fabric.com puts their inventory with low or no stock at the end of the listings. Might be an improvement to browsing. I find it cumbersome to also start at the beginning of the listing after I've seen specifics on an item and want to go back to browsing, it seems like it would be better to continue where I left off. Can't remember if this has already been added as a shopping/browsing feature, haven't done much lately, my basement already looks like a mini branch of MSQC!
    Marilyn, I noticed that with fabric.com too.......it would be a GREAT help to the customers here at MSQC to know if a particular item is getting low on stock etc.
    I also agree with you that my sewing room in the basement has the look of a small quilting shop. In fact a couple of my friends that don't sew have said that if Jo-Ann's or MSQC ever needs fabric, they should call me first, because I probably have at least 2-3 yds of fabric I could sell back to them !!!
    I need to stop buying....really. It's getting to the point I probably could go for 2 yrs and never by another yard of fabric, and still have enough fabric to make tons of quilts or garments. I got into the habit of buying fabrics at the end of the season ( you know, when they put flannel on sale, fleece on sale....just before getting spring/summer fabrics in ) I will buy several yards on sale ! etc. I rarely shop at JoAnn Fabrics any more....they are getting really strict with their coupon policy. I went over there to purchase fleece they had on sale...and the manager ( who rang me up) gave me some B.S. about the 20% total purchase coupon didn't apply to fleece. Really ? It didn't say that....sooo....so long Jo-Ann's.....nice knowing ya, but that wasn't what the coupon said..and I don't appreciate the fact that this was done to me. Personally I think Jo-Ann's is just a craft-store on steroids......and it doesn't have the friendly feel it used to, so I won't be missing the trips to Jo-Ann's.

Hopefully MSQC will figure out a new way to do this so we don't have to wade thru all the items......

Name:  Odie Grafield XmasHalloween.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  7.2 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Good squeak: totally thrilled with all the new fabric added today! There are so many beautiful new collections to choose from