Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Tuesday today

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aunty acid funier.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	147726

I do hope my funnies don't insult anyone.

Good morning dear friends. I had a rather busy day yesterday. I sorted through boxes of sheets and kept what I wanted. Lots of vintage sheets, pillowcases and flannel sheets. I am set for a long time. Lynda took one sewing machine home with her, it was a VERY old Kenmore machine. The other is a Singer in a cabinet. I will have to look up the number. When moving the machine, rice kept spilling out of it. I was afraid a mouse had gotten under the machine but alas it was not. I think she was working on a rice bag and the contents spilled out. I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet. While I was in the mood, I cleaned out the cupboard above my washing machine and an other cabinet I have in the kitchen. I have amassed quite a load of stuff for the church. I have decided to downsize my 'stuff'. Dishes and the like are next, but not today.

Today I have guild. I am not sure what is on the schedule for today but I am sure it will be interesting. I shall pick Bonnie up at noon.

So a little later on I shall take this 'stuff' away as it is spread out on the kitchen floor.

AND little Maizyn, whom I love bigger than the moon as you all know, has given me a COLD!! But I have the woman cold but just wait, Les may catch the man cold, haha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	man cold.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	147725

Anywho, have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Star lover, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Tuesday today

No offense here.....makes me laugh and that's the best way to start any day!
    Sounds like fun with all the stuff sorting......enjoy! Sometimes I just love go through stuff and pitching....oooo pitching, the best!

Ugh...man colds. My grandkids gave DH their cold.....he's had it for almost 2 weeks, and so far I'm good. But, my oh my, men are such babies when they don't feel good. Love em, but sometimes......mmmm, a hammer comes to mind..... just briefly...

Never made it to the sewing room yesterday. Not sure where the day went....blinked and gone!
    Fell asleep while quilting last night. Woke at 10' went to bed, tossed and turned for almost 2 hours. So now I'm tired, it determined to stay up, that way.....well it's the hope....I'll sleep better tonight.

Hope everyone is off enjoying the day. Love and hugs to all!
    Anita

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, All ~ What a beautiful day we had yest. It was sunny & got up to 73 deg. I took advantage of the good weather to work in the yard a couple hrs. Even though the lawn service is coming today (they resched. from yest.), I wanted to do the edging myself, because I do it closer, which is what I wanted in prep for winter. I also wanted to clear around all the sprinkler heads so they're more visible & hopefully the guys won't run over any of them. Since we have a big yard, all that took a while. Then I used the leaf blower to blow off the worst of the spider webs on the house. By the time I finished that, I was tired, hot, sweaty, & dirty, so I took a 2nd bath. Needless to say, I had no energy left for sewing. Maybe today.

Our guild mtg. also is tonight. I have a couple quilts to "sew & tell". I was asked to bring my Rail Fence Star quilt, which I had entered in the Novice category at the show last mo. I won a prize, but I don't know yet where I placed or what the prize is. I guess I'll find out tonight. All the winners will be announced.

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, not a man cold in the house!

Yesterday was pretty busy. We kept the 2 younger kiddos while Nana had homeschool with J. Drove over to Wally World and picked up two medium battings. Then had to drive to another to pick up the third. I did get most of the stuff ready for J on Wed or Thurs last night.

I've done something to my foot, or my shoe is doing something to my foot. Anyway by the time we got home from our little shopping spree, I was hurting and not in any mood to try to sandwich one quilt, much less three. It still feels weird today, I haven't put a shoe on it yet. We'll see what this brings today.

Got a call last night from one of Dad's cousins. Aunt Kate passed. The funeral is Thursday. Part of me wants to go, there are only two of that generation left. Aunt Louise won't be there. Her 'ride' (her son Mac) to all family events is in the hospital. He had a hip replacement last week and is back in the hospital impacted. It's a hard time knowing what to do. Phil is the only child (my father's generation), he was more my age but we never were around each other that much. I'll be checking the obits to see if there is a charity that she would have wanted donations sent to.

Well, I need to finish our homeschool preps while my sandwich helper is sleeping the day away.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, I love your cartoons and it takes a lot to offend me. I try to see the humor in most things.

I must be one of the lucky one, DH very rarely complains when he gets a cold. He's had allergies all his life so maybe he's used to it!

I ended up leaving work early yesterday with a migraine. They typically come in clusters of 3 and yesterday was the third one in 5 days, so I should be good for several months. I slept most of the day, woke up about 4pm and actually felt better so of course I got up an sewed a bit.

Tonight after work I plan to head to sewing room and finish up an apron for my DGD so I can pass the pattern on to my sis who is making one for her DGD. My sis has a tradition of making Christmas cookies with my grands and hers (I'm allergic to the kitchen) so we thought we would make aprons for them this year. We found some cute gingerbread fabric.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

10. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned out the storage closet...a walk in shared by two bedrooms...not very big but loaded down. I started by taking everything out and cleaning the shelves and the cob webs and putting things back and not putting back the "stuff" we will never need. Took a big black garbage bag filled with nothing but hangers to the dump. Now, who needed all those hangers?
    I found a suitcase I had stored all my wool blazers from Real Estate (15 yrs). I took them to the sewing room and started cutting them up..just taking them apart and throwing away all the non usable pieces. I got 4 jackets done before I was totally bored with that project...so today that is the project.
    I'm still working on sewing together squares for the DP9 curtain project. Can't seem to get too motivated for that either.
    Its suppose to warm up some here on Thursday. JCY gives me hope. When its 73 in Colorado, I know that in a few days it might be 65 in NC.

12. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All....I'm in the sewing room doing some machine embroidery. Dottie is well into her morning nap. Her breakfast is in an hour if she chooses to get up. Otherwise it can wait an hour or so.

Next Thursday is Thanksgiving...hard to believe. Where has this year gone? Grandma Nan used to tell me that when you get old the years are like a whisper that pass through your life. She was right.

This will be a slow day for me...still in my pajamas with no plans to shower and dress any time soon.

Has anyone heard anything about Gina since she had her surgery?

Wishing everyone a wonderful day....with hugs.

14. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Love that Aunty Acid!
    BUBBY, I love my pj days too.

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post