Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP - Week of 11/13 to 11/19

I got the test knit cowl finished and comments and photos to the designer on Friday, several hours before the deadline. The design went live for purchase over the weekend. It's quite nice and I'm proud to have had a small part in getting it published. (Woodlake Cowl on Ravelry for any knitters among us.) Back to the current socks in progress, which are on the heel flaps.

Pulled an old cross stitch project out to work on this weekend. Dutch Beauty; it is HUGE, a full yard of 22 count linen. My late husband dubbed it 'the tablecloth' LOL. It's been in casual progress since 2000. And it's only at the half way point, because I keep putting it aside to work on smaller things. It's not hard - simple cross stitch and a limited color pallet. Big and boring seems to be the prescription for no progress!

On the quilting front, I got block 6 (of 30) prepped for applique on Aunt Lottie's Garden, and the paper pieces done on the fourth (of 10) of the new pink sets. Still a LONG way to go on this one, but I'm enjoying the slow pace of hand work for a while.

I am going to be doing a VERY fast paced project over the next couple of months. I signed up for Bonnie Hunter's annual mystery quilt and bought fabrics for it in the recommended colors. Teal, Coral, Chocolate Brown, and warm Neutrals. Totally not my 'usual' colors, so I'm excited to stretch my wings. First clue comes out on 11/24, then weekly thereafter. I may not keep up with the pace of the clues, but I plan to print everything out, and make practice sets of everything.

2. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP - Week of 11/13 to 11/19

Made my first black friday quilting purchase today at Keepsake Quilting. Does that count as WIP? I haven't made a big purchase in months.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

4. Thanks threadbndr thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Simple Gifts Block #8
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3861.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	147727

I love the little frog in this block. I worked so hard getting the right fabrics. I had to use tweezers for alignment.

Name:	100_3862.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	147728

One more block to go!
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

6. Thanks Claire Hallman, kimsophia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.....frogs cute too!
    Anita

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect fabric for froggy!!!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

In looked back at what I intended to accomplish last week. Well, i did get the binding on and turned on a small wall hanging. I will turn the binding on another wall hanging tonight. I need to bind the anvil and then sandwich 2 lap quilts this week. When did a week start going by so quickly?

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    Simple Gifts Block #8

Name:	100_3861.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	147727

I love the little frog in this block. I worked so hard getting the right fabrics. I had to use tweezers for alignment.

Name:	100_3862.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	147728

One more block to go!
    Denise you are making good progress on this project. such great fabrics

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still knitting!! I managed an hour in my sewing room on Monday to take up a couple of pairs of trousers but I'm having a full day today. Really need to do some tidying up in there first before I can sew, then I'll revisit my UFO's pile and get started.
    DD is coming on Saturday for a craft day - we will be making Christmas decorations and gifts. I love crafting with my daughter!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Bird View Post
    In looked back at what I intended to accomplish last week. Well, i did get the binding on and turned on a small wall hanging. I will turn the binding on another wall hanging tonight. I need to bind the anvil and then sandwich 2 lap quilts this week. When did a week start going by so quickly?
    Finally turned the binding on the winter holiday wall hanging and machine stitched it with a snowflake stitch. I think I will stay with hand stitching the bindings