Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What's your favorite lotion?

The name is pretty good. The bottle is just pretty. The lotion is pretty dang amazing! I've even used it on the livestock, since there is no milk withdrawal time, as there aren't any restricted ingredients.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My dermatologist told me to use Olive Oil, I questioned him and he said when you go to get a massage they use olive oil with a sented oil. He said go buy the cheapest olive oil you can find, keep it in the bathroom, after your shower slightly dry off and then oil up. I tried it and it works.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie View Post
    My Pedicurist swears by this product:

https://www.goldbondultimate.com/pro...y-skin-relief/
    My pedicurist says the same thing....but I ended up giving the lotion to my sister.....it didn't work for me.

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carolynrae View Post
    My dermatologist told me to use Olive Oil, I questioned him and he said when you go to get a massage they use olive oil with a sented oil. He said go buy the cheapest olive oil you can find, keep it in the bathroom, after your shower slightly dry off and then oil up. I tried it and it works.
    I do this as well after a shower and then use the Aveeno lotion for my feet. I don't know why I do that...I have done the Olive Oil & then after I am dry I use the lotion too.

Also, if you use a beauty blender ( sponge) clean it with Dawn dish detergent and Olive oil....works like a charm !

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not diabetic but my skin (especially my forearms and legs) started drying out and flaking after I recently started taking blood pressure medicine that has a diuretic. Just back from the Dermatologist today and she gave me samples of two over-the-counter lotions.

The first is CeraVe SA lotion for Rough and Bumpy Skin which has Lactic and Salicylic Acids (Walgreens, Walmart [best price], chain stores.) The second is Amlactin Daily which has only the Lactic Acid (local pharmacy.) Used the Amlactin at soon as I came home and smoothed the flakiness right out. The Salicylic is supposed to smooth out the flakes and the Lactic is an Alpha-Hydroxy exfoliant. There are also other nourishing ingredients in the lotions so they don't just get rid of the flakes. Recommended use twice a day.

I did try a lot of the others mentioned but so far this has given me immediate results - even the itchiness has gone away after a singe use.

Heather Guest

We like Suave, in the white bottle with blue lettering. It's less than half the amount of the regular brand and it works great. They also make cherry almond. I've been applying Bag Balm to our dogs paw pads and elbows. Ben in particular had a bad tear in a front paw pad and it was healed in a matter of days. Bonus my cuticles look great now.