Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Thread

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Thread

I bought this Coats and Clark verigated thread at Joann’s a few months ago. I know I will get stones thrown at me because this thread is no good but I’ve been using it to quilt ... runs and hides.
    So, problem ... I’m about half way done with my quilt and my thread runs out. No biggie. I run over to Joann’s but can’t find it anywhere. I asked about it and ... it’s discontinued! I have no idea what to do. I’ve unpicked this quilt at least 2 or 3 times due to my own horrible quilting. I can’t make myself unpick it all again but how can I match this unique thread? Lesson learned, don’t use a weird colored thread. This was supposed to be a Christmas present last year. This quilt is cursed.
    I tried to contact Joann’s customer service but they were no help. Google is failing me. Anyone have magic Google powers that can find this thread?
    Edit I think barcode number is: 073650776601
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13FA9357-D356-4C98-BF51-C025F7DFE409.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	147595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B0F23DA5-0F49-42B6-8410-E088F9219E90.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	147596

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need Thread

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

3. Thanks Sasha Anzures thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it's still available at Joann's online too. Looks like the color name is "Sunny Day."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes, I feel your pain. Sounds like it's turning into the quilt from hell.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I’m officially mad at this quilt. I would give up again if I didn’t have a 5 year old telling me every night that her feet stick out of her crib size quilt. I must persevere just for the smile of a child - hahha

Thank you for finding the thread! I searched the longest time on Joann’s website and couldn’t find it. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Although it is rather annoying since I only need one small spool of thread which is only $2 but shipping is $8
    Last edited by Longstocking; November 10th, 2017 at 01:33 AM.

7. Thanks Sasha Anzures thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at Superior Threads!

Check out this discontinued item for $24.99: over 10,000 yards of yellow thread:

https://www.superiorthreads.com/mast...-yds-jumbo-con

I bought one earlier this year and it is fantastic and looks like a match to your thread (from what I can tell from pics).

Curioius: are you quilting from the middle out? If so, changing thread may not be too apparent and may look like a design element.

I would not pick anything out; just keep going with whatever thread you use. If you think it will look okay -- echo the old thread with the new thread so it looks like a design choice!
    Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link:
    http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

9. Thanks Sasha Anzures thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Longstocking View Post
    I bought this Coats and Clark verigated thread at Joann’s a few months ago. I know I will get stones thrown at me because this thread is no good but I’ve been using it to quilt ... runs and hides.
    So, problem ... I’m about half way done with my quilt and my thread runs out. No biggie. I run over to Joann’s but can’t find it anywhere. I asked about it and ... it’s discontinued! I have no idea what to do. I’ve unpicked this quilt at least 2 or 3 times due to my own horrible quilting. I can’t make myself unpick it all again but how can I match this unique thread? Lesson learned, don’t use a weird colored thread. This was supposed to be a Christmas present last year. This quilt is cursed.
    I tried to contact Joann’s customer service but they were no help. Google is failing me. Anyone have magic Google powers that can find this thread?
    Edit I think barcode number is: 073650776601
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13FA9357-D356-4C98-BF51-C025F7DFE409.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	147595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B0F23DA5-0F49-42B6-8410-E088F9219E90.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	147596
    If you get stones thrown at you they will have to throw them at me also. I use Coats & Clarks all the time with no problems. It is easy to obtain and affordable and my machine loves it. Don't get me wrong I use others as well and buy what ever gives me the color I need.
    I checked my thread and do not have that one, I remember when Hobby Lobby was marking those varigated ones down I bought 1 of each color...sadly no yellow left Sorry.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think drama mama has a brilliant idea. Find something close and continue. I have a feeling the recipient is not a quilter and probably won't notice. Don't get caught up in the minutia of perfection. Enjoy the moment and sew.

12. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be honest, I use Coats and Clark for sewing all the time (and my first few quilts were pieced with it). I do use Aurifil for quilting and piecing now, but that's because I like the big spools. The one thread I won't use is gutermann - my sewing machine hates it with a passion and will refuse to function correctly.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have run into this problem before. I completely switch colors. My smurfy quilt has 4 colors in it, white, blue, ceil, and purple. Once the quilt is washed it buries the threads anyway. You are your own quilt police.

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...ad.php?t=73568
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/