Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minor surgery

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minor surgery

So I'm told it's minor. The dermatologist called it a cyst which is on my scalp. How it got there and why is a mystery to me. It started as a small cyst and I kept showing it to my primary doctor and she said to leave it along. Now it has gotten bigger and has turned red so I was sent to a dermatologist and she said it needs to be removed because it's only going to get bigger. It doesn't bother me but guess I should have it removed. No big deal she says. Well minor or not I think any surgery is a risk. I stopped taking my aspirin 3 days before. Hope I don't bleed a lot. I will have stitches. Have you ever heard of such a thing? I am such a baby when it comes to such things. Please remember me tomorrow and say a prayer that this minor surgery will go well. I have been so blessed. I had a mini stroke some years ago. I did just fine with that. I now have A-fib why I'm on aspirin. No doctor seems to know why I developed that. Anyway, I'm actually doing okay at 78 years of age. Thanks for listening to my petty concerns. I will let you know how it went.
    Linda

2. Thanks sewbizzy, cv quilter, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Minor surgery

Praying for a successful surgery. Please let us know how it goes.

4. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My prayers are with you.

Jeannette

6. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good thoughts for a quick mimor surgery - I'm sure it will go well, but let us know.

8. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Praying that all goes well with no complications.

10. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I have had three cysts removed from my scalp. All three were done in the drs office and they only had to numb the area and I only had a few stitches each time. Mine were called sebaceous cyst. In fact I have 4 more that are not big enough yet to remove.

I don’t know if you had the same as I do but I’m positive that you will do great and will keep you in my prayers. My mom teases me all the time and calls me lumphead because I have so many bumps.
    Melissa

I really hate it when the voices in my head argue among themselves as though I wasn't even in the room.

I tried to be normal once......worst two minutes of my life.

12. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meliswan View Post
    I have had three cysts removed from my scalp. All three were done in the drs office and they only had to numb the area and I only had a few stitches each time. Mine were called sebaceous cyst. In fact I have 4 more that are not big enough yet to remove.

I don’t know if you had the same as I do but I’m positive that you will do great and will keep you in my prayers. My mom teases me all the time and calls me lumphead because I have so many bumps.
    Oh my goodness. I guess I can be happy with just the one cyst. That is exactly what the doctor called it, sebaceous cyst. It must be rather common? It will be done in the doctor's office and I will have stitches. I think all will go well. Did they do biopsy on yours? I will insist on that. Thank you for telling me your story.
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I will be thinking of you and I hope this is scheduled for early morning so you don't have to dread the procedure all day. I also hope that somehow you can remain calm until it is over. I have a good feeling everything will be okay.

15. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LindaKay75 View Post
    Oh my goodness. I guess I can be happy with just the one cyst. That is exactly what the doctor called it, sebaceous cyst. It must be rather common? It will be done in the doctor's office and I will have stitches. I think all will go well. Did they do biopsy on yours? I will insist on that. Thank you for telling me your story.
    All of mine were biopsied and benign. They are pretty common, but I must be extra special to have so many.
    Melissa

I really hate it when the voices in my head argue among themselves as though I wasn't even in the room.

I tried to be normal once......worst two minutes of my life.

17. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers and hugs to you Linda.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

19. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post