Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Medical question/advice

This is going to be one of those embarrassing posts. If you personally have struggled with recurring internal bleeding hemorrhoids and would be willing to PM me I would really appreciate some help. I have searched the internet to exhaustion and can not find an answer to a couple of questions I have concerning this problem. I can't get an appointment with my doctor until late next week. (she's the only doctor in the office due to mass exodus)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Medical question/advice

I personally have never had this problem. However, when I was working in the hosp. as an RN, I had a patient who had a severe problem. The dr. prescribed Proctofoam HCl. I believe it's over the counter now. You can read about it on line. Just Google it. Do Sitz baths help? You might consider taking a stool softener & drinking plenty of fluids (if not contraindicated). Avoid straining. Healing takes time. If things get worse, you always can go to an urgent care or the hosp. ER. I hope you feel better soon.

3. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had a minor case after the birth of my second child. Surgery was mentioned and I was like huh? I just went on a mellow diet including no spices and it cleared up on it's own. Don't worry too much

Lorie

5. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My second DD suffered with this for 13 years after the birth of 3...count em...12 lb babies. The doctors diagnosed her with a myriad of maladies but could not believe that the excess bleeding could be related to hemeroids. Finally, after 4 colonoscopies, 30 day elimination diets, and lots of medication, they agreed surgery might help. She told me they removed two of the internal hemeroids and she had her first normal bowel movement in 13 years. She healed wonderfully and the migraines subsided and the anemia went away and she is a healthy woman again.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to each one of you. You all answered most of the questions I have. I have had doctor's tell me I had/didn't have hemorrhoids or had a fissure. Had four episodes about 8 months apart and thought I would bleed to death each time. Finally gave in to a colonoscopy and it seems to have started another bleed. I now realize I need to modify my food (thanks Lorie), give the prescription cream time to work and drink more water (thanks JCY) and tell my doctor that they can bleed ALOT (thanks Terry). I am hoping that by changing my habits that I won't have this happen again.

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

hope you are feeling better
    all above is great advice
    I have nothing else to add
    remember to drink a lot of water to keep your stools soft!
    Happy Quilting!

11. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carol wishing you all the best with your health issue.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

13. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post