Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Juki!!!

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default My new Juki!!!

After many weeks of my 4 year old Singer sounding like a machine gun and making my sewing life extremely difficult, I decided to invest in a quality machine that will last for years. I did a ton of research and finally decided on a Juki-and had it narrowed down to three different machines, but wanted to test drive them first. I discovered that there would be vendors at the International Quilt Show in Houston, so I waited until then to make my decision. (BTW-the quilt show was AMAZING and I can't wait to go back next year!). I found the vendor, but they didn't have the models I had spent so much time researching, but did have a higher priced DX-2000 QVP that I had originally nixed due to the price. However, the price was a whopping $800 off at the show! Needless to say, I'm glad my boyfriend went with me so he could carry it back to the car. What a great guy and what a fabulous time I've had playing with my new machine! It sews like a dream and I am now officially a Juki Junkie and convert! What's even better is that my bf thought playing with the APQS long arm was fun-and thought it might be a possibility in our future! DOUBLE SCORE!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	John and my Juki.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	147539   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My New Juki.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	147540  

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My new Juki!!!

Congratulations ... and I'd say you have a TRIPLE SCORE! New Juki, maybe a longarm in the future, and a boyfriend with strong arms and a great attitude.

3. Thanks sewbizzy, giig21, Midge thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Judy USMC beat me to it! Congratulations on your new Juki, and I know you will be very happy together. As I hope is also the case with your awesome boyfriend. Thinking an APQS longarm is an idea to pursue puts him into Prince Among Men territory!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! I've had a love affair with my Juki for eight years now and don't see it stopping. It's hand's down the best sewing machine I've ever had.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! $800 off what a bargain too!

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Juki fan club! I have the TL2010i and the DDL8700 (an industrial). This past Saturday, I looked at an upgrade to the DDL8700, aka Walter. I nearly bit the bullet, but my heart can't part with him. Plus, I can't part with the $$!!!!

Have fun w/your new toy!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and enjoy! Be careful at the Houston International Quilt Festival, lots of deals available. I worked everyday in a vendor booth, so didn't have much time to shop this year. Still managed to spend some though. Martelli had their 10 blade (45 mm) packs for $30. Bought 2 packs, what a steal. The booth next to the one I was working in had a baby quilt that I fell in love with. Luckily I told her to save me one, because she only had 3 left. 20 minutes after the show opened, she came and told me that she had it under the table for me because the others were already gone. Now to find time to sew it. My son went with me one day to do some research for a business class project he's working on and spent $100. He's not a quilter yet, but I think it will be happening soon.

9. Thanks sewbizzy, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow. A brand new machine, a supportive guy and a sale to boot.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! I am not familiar with that particular model, but I am on my second Juki and I love them. I think they are made so well. I can't wait to see all the beautiful things you make.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: My new Juki!!!

Wow! Thatís a beautiful machine! Congratulations  and your boyfriend sounds like a keeper 
    Sherrie
    Life ainít always beautiful
    But itís a beautiful ride - Gary Allen