Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default .......Monkey Man :(

Is presently up for sale! I may give him away for free or pay someone to take him! Granted, he was helping me out by hanging a shelf in my sewing studio. He needed to adapt some parts so he got out his cargo knife (I donít know what else to call it, but you could survive a zombie apocalypse with it!) and starts cutting things off. Now, I was not paying close attention to his antics, until I noticed he was on my cutting mat....my Martelli cutting mat!!

Uh, says I, are you leaving gouges in my mat?!?

He looks then says, well there are two, but they would not bother me.

(Eyeballs the size of a rotary blade, I go look).

Do you notice them, he asks?

It was all I could do not to scream, BUT YES I DO NOTICE THEM!!!!!

Believe it or not, I remained calm and walked away!

Then I hear him say, well isnít that what you do with rotary cutters?

Sighing heavily, no, no that is not what I do with rotary cutters. Can I get you something else to cut on?

Now in all seriousness, he is doing extremely well! Since he got off the TPN/aka feedbags (haha Andrea!) the end of August, he has not had any further problems which make this nurse extremely happy. I thank everyone again for all your thoughts, concerns, and prayers. We are halfway thru the first year. It really struck close to home when I had a friend die of the same cancer right before retreat. His wife, in 2010, was fighting breast cancer when he was diagnosed. Because of caring for her, he opted not to have the radical surgery MM had. He did do chemo. They told us doing only chemo and maybe radiation, the cancer had a 85% chance of recurring and you would be dead in five to seven years. Well, sadly my friend only made it seven years and I miss him, but I am thankful, even with all the difficulties we have faced and continue to face, that we decided on the surgery we did.

Again, thank you and make sure you send me your address so I can send you MM!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: .......Monkey Man :(

I foresee a new cutting mat under the Christmas tree!

My DH did the same thing several years ago, ruined my 1st mat (thankfully not a Martelli) using a carpet cutting tool. He now has the old mat in the garage, and I got a brand new (bigger) one.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Full permission to call and order yourself a new mat. You may even use ~his~ charge card.

Then you may call the local locksmith to have them install power locks on your sewing room door. LOL!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear, and you worked so hard to get him well. Just say bless his heart, and get his cc and order a new and better mat.
    Katrina

ďNothing can dim the light which shines from within.Ē
    ― Maya Angelou

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Now in all seriousness, he is doing extremely well! Since he got off the TPN/aka feedbags (haha Andrea!) the end of August, he has not had any further problems which make this nurse extremely happy.
    Well, sorry to hear about your mat, but that can be easily remedied as others have suggested. I'm thrilled to hear that MM is finally doing well. You hadn't posted an update on his health for some time now. I was praying that no news is good news. Hooray!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

roaring with laughter

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad you posted this story. I’m sorry for the cutting mat issues but so glad to hear MM is doing well!! Sometimes the sweetest husbands with the best intentions can be so clueless! Lol

I too have been wondering how he’s doing since I had not seen any reports lately, and I am so happy to hear a good one!! Both of you have been in my prayers and will continue to be!

8. Thanks bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ya got me laughing so hard at the visual of it all. I think we all want to sell....more like give away our DH at times. They would probably like to do so with us too. So soooooo happy MM is doing well enough to cut something up. You did a great job nurse Pat! So thankful for the both of you... now, onto a new...even better mat! Yeah.....there always a silver lining, if you look for it!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take him - I'd whip him into shape and send him back to you, good as new. You know where I live.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

11. Thanks bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well at least he didn't cut himself, bleed on your mat, having to rush him to emergency and waiting hours to be seen and getting a hundred stitches in his hand, right? There has to be some good about it.

And no doubt you will be getting a new mat either way, right?

Oh Pat, after all that the two of you have been through, I am so happy MM is doing so well (knock on wood).

I have work that needs tending to, so put him on a plane and send him East. Send hats and mitts, it is getting cold here.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

13. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post