Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Week of 11/6 to 11/12/2017

I've told myself that I couldn't sew until I got my taxes to my accountant. Well, I finally got that taken care of and my fabric came in yesterday, so I'm about to take the plunge. I haven't been piecing or doing anything else because of health reasons and back pain. I'm not holding back. I'm going to begin a king quilt for my bed. It's a pretty ambitious project, but I am determined to finish it. I plan to send it out for quilting.

2. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished a quilt top today! I'm going to take a break and work on some underwear sewing before I baste it and quilt it!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I cut my binding for the yellow/gray quilt last night and plan to work on that today. All that is left after that is the label. WooHoo!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Bird View Post
    This week I will bind three quilts.
    For Sister M I started a scrappy star from my stash of little pieces, all I need are 4 large flying geese 16X8 and a 2 inch border. quick FMQ quilting will finish it off. Sister provides these passage quilts to all of the patients who are terminally ill at the hospital where I work. She wants a 36 in square to brighten up the bed but not so large it interferes with the nursing care.
    Scrappy star is just where I left it last week. I did get the binding on a stained glass item I started over 15 yrs ago.

6. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The tops of the three Christmas Flannels quilts are done, the backs of the same quilts are done, and finally the binding is done. Now, I guess it's time to go get some batting. I'm hoping to have the three of them quilted by my DS's Family Fun Day (aka, the day after Thanksgiving). J says he doesn't want an early Christmas present, but... the merry threesome is getting them.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I sure have had a bumpy road with this Simple Gifts quilt so far. I had almost finished block #7 when I put it next to the first six blocks and noticed it looked odd. Turns out I had fused all my pieces to the back side of the fabric. The difference was subtle, but noticeable. I refused to cry (although I really wanted to) and after asking opinions on the forum here I persevered and made the whole block over again.

So here is Simple Gifts block #7, twice over.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3860.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	147671
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

9. Thanks threadbndr, pcbatiks, kimsophia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished up Melchior last night and here they are I'm going to bring them out the day after Christmas and daily move them closer to the nativity scene until they arrive on Epiphany

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020882.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	147672

11. Thanks threadbndr, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love your idea of moving them closer and closer.
    Denise, now you have two beautiful blocks.
    I dropped a needle down into my Viking Sapphire yesterday, or at least I think I did. I took as much of it apart as possible without their fancy screwdriver but never could find it. Today I looked some more then gave up, shook the machine, no rattle so I tried sewing on it. No problems so I worked on 9 microwave bowl cozies without incident. They are ready to be sewn front to lining, what an easy cute project. I hope to finish them up tomorrow.