Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's been a while!

Some of you may know that Joe and I are planning to leave California. Since our return from the Netherlands we have been working very hard to fix up the house to sell it. Hopefully, in the spring we'll be able to make the move. Yay!!!!! Like I said, hopefully. hahaha In the meantime I try to fit in time to make quilts. This one is a design I copied from an Amish quilt website. It's not quite big enough for a queen so I'm hoping the recipients will find a use for it if they are no longer sleeping in a full. They are lovers of all things Art Deco and Art Nouveau. When I saw this quilt design I decided it would fit right in with their home. It's incredibly long so it will easily tuck in and over the pillows. I hope they like it. We'll find out Friday when we head to Philadelphia to begin the process of finding a home there.

I also thought I'd throw in some photos of my latest cookies for Halloween. The cookies made it safely to their destinations. The cookie house wasn't so lucky. I had a feeling it might not make it in one piece. Good thing I took photos so my daughters could see what it was supposed to look like. hahaha

I hope you all had fun on Halloween. Now on to Thanksgiving.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1236 (1).jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	147387
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1234 (1).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	147388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1232 (1).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	147389  
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; November 1st, 2017 at 02:25 PM.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

2. Thanks Yanna, TMP, catmama635, Claire Hallman, DeniseSm, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's been a while!

Hey Rebecca, how have you been! We've missed you!

Great job on the quilt and the cookies are too cute.

So where are you'll planning to move after you sell your house?
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back! Beautiful quilt and my those cookies look great. I've seen gingerbread house but not a haunted house! Really neat!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Rebecca and Daisy resurfacing all in the same week! So good to hear from you, Rebecca! Good luck on your move to.....??? Don't be a stranger! We missed you a lot! Love your creative projects that you shared!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Rebecca, nice to have you back. Your quilt is spectacular and your cookies amazing!! Hmmm if your cookies need a new home....... just saying, LOL!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, your quilt and cookies look great! You'll going to be an east coast gal now, Philly is a great city with lots to see.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome back! I see you've been busy as usual. What a pretty quilt, and ginormous!! Could you tell us how many yards went into the backing cause it looks really big and I am just curious, okay nosey LOL!! Your cookies make me hungry just looking at them, they are almost too pretty to eat. Sugar cookies are my downfall, my very favorite. At Christmas I beg my family dont eat the sugar cookies I have dibs on them. I made a gingerbread house with the kids when they were little. It was great fun but as I recall it was much more work involved than people think. Too bad it got ruined in the shipping. Good luck finding a house in Philly. You will have to get in the groove by binge watching House Hunters!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Rebecca.....miss you!
    Hope you can get your house sold soon!
    Take care...BTW the Halloween cookies and the quilt are awesome ! Great Job !

Name:  th7GRS30VGLazy Gar.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  8.6 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Nice hearing from you, Rebecca. Your quilt AND the cookies look great. As always, you do wonderful work. Good luck with the sale of your home.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

That quilt is beautiful but that Halloween cookie house is amazing!
    Tammy W.