Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long time no see

I wanted to pop in to say hi. Life in Daisy World has been as with everyone's full of ups and down.

One of the 'downs' which we have not yet recovered from and perhaps never will is that we lost our lovely Lou.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2512_web.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	147347

The place is not the same without The Duchess. Seamus is till bumbling along though as always.

Some of you may remember that I was talking about the Centenary of women gaining the vote in the UK next year. I have a group of 15 quilters who are taking part . The quilt is in suffragette colours of purple green and white and I have used Jenny's Tulip pattern. It looks great so far.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tuilip block from workshop.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	147348
    The finished quilt will be 120 inches square and is going on tour next summer around Yorkshire to promote the anniversary. It is going to County and village shows, into high schools and medical centres and a couple of theatres. It will be raffled over the summer and the proceeds will go to a Domestic Violence charity .

Mr Daisy is doing really well, is really healthy and as happy as he always is.

I think of people here very often and send much love.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Long time no see

Ooooooooooooh, Daisy! You just made my day. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Lou, but look at the great times you had - and she looked pretty good in her pink tu-tu!!

Your quilt and the reason behind it are so special. Thanks for sharing. I hope you come back and show off the finished project and some notes as to how well it was shown and appreciated.

Please give your Handsome Hunk Stewart a big hug from Sandy and tell him that Ewenice is still keeping me entertained.

Miss you here!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Daisy, good to see your post. Sorry to hear about Lou.......such a pretty dog. I know you have great memories with her.

Glad to here Mr Daisy is doing well and hope you are feeling good too. The quilt is going to pretty!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Daisy so sorry to hear about Lou.

I like the quilt blocks that you have done. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Daisy,
    Thanks for checking in; it's delightful to hear from you. I second all the other messages and greetings, and just want to let you know that I have really missed seeing your stories about Seamus... Have you considered consolidating them into a book? I'd buy a bunch of copies for sure! Be blessed.
    ~ Sally \0/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Daisy, it's so good to hear from you!
    I am so happy that Lou was able to spend her golden years with you and not in a shelter! The joy and happiness you gave her is a wonderful gift. It sounds as if she blessed your lives with her love and devotion as well.
    Glad to hear Seamus is still making the rounds!
    Big hugs to you and Stewart!
    Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

OMG! Thought you were incommunicado but so good to hear from you! I am so sorry to hear about your loss of sweet Lou! You gave her final years all of comfort and love that she deserved! But glad to hear Seamus and Stewart are doing well!

Your quilt will be lovely with all those loving hands working on it!

Remember when we bought the beautiful kilt scraps? I found a use for those strips, it makes a beautiful wallet! I have so many ideas for future wallets using the wool and cork from Portugal! Picture won't load, would love to show it to you!

Please keep in touch, we love hearing from you!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Daisy so good to hear from you. So sorry for the loss of Lou. Its never easy losing a loved one human or furbaby. Glad Seamus is still making the rounds and keeping up on people. Good to hear Mr Daisy is well hope you are also. Loving the Quilt and what it stands for, hope to see it finished. I also miss the Seamus stories. Be well.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So good to hear from you....happy you're all doing well. So sad to hear about Lou.....it's really hard to "get over" a loss like that. I still miss our dog and it's been over 15 years. So much so, we have never been able to replace her. Have loved your stories in the past and hope you pop in more often. Love your quilt and will love to see it finished. Take care. Hugs.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Daisy, it is good to 'see' you. So sorry for your loss, Lou was very lucky to have had you all in her life and what a life you gave her.

Post pictures of the quilt when you can, we all would love to see it. What a wonderful project to work on.

I am happy that Stuart, Seamus and yourself are doing well.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!