Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Long time no see

It's good to hear from you Daisy. I hope you're doing well. I'm sorry about Lou, but I know she had a great life with you. Say hello to Mr. Daisy and Seamus for me. Your current project looks great!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the kind words about Lou. The hole in our hearts was huge and we swore never to have another dog. Then.................. I was contacted by the rescue where we got Lou from asking for help with a Boarder Collie in great need. He lived with an old man who had been house bound and been fed on his Meals on Wheels. The old man had died and the Collie was left overweight and breathless whenever he walked across the room. Would we foster him, slim him down and bring him out of himself because he was very 'shut down'?

What could we say? Sighs......Of course we said yes and ooooo lookie what happened......he stayed. It was inevitable! So Alfie is here and is such a different dog from Lou. He is very very docile, very gentle, not a scrap of Diva about him. But he crept into our hearts and made himself at home. He has lost 5kg which is about 10lbs and he is slowly slowly coming out of himself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alfie_relaxed (1).jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	147369

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2529_web.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	184.7 KB 
ID:	147370

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Alfie looks so sweet. So happy you have him to ease your grief! Thank you sharing and updating us!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How lovely to see a post from you, and I'm so sorry you lost your darling Lou. But the rainbow has appeared I guess, in the form of Alfie, who needs you two as much as you need him. Hoping his health continues to improve with your care, and that he can find contentment in your home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Ooooooooooooh, Daisy! You just made my day. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Lou, but look at the great times you had - and she looked pretty good in her pink tu-tu!!

Your quilt and the reason behind it are so special. Thanks for sharing. I hope you come back and show off the finished project and some notes as to how well it was shown and appreciated.

Please give your Handsome Hunk Stewart a big hug from Sandy and tell him that Ewenice is still keeping me entertained.

Miss you here!!
    I miss you too Sandy! How are things? Need to email

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    OMG! Thought you were incommunicado but so good to hear from you! I am so sorry to hear about your loss of sweet Lou! You gave her final years all of comfort and love that she deserved! But glad to hear Seamus and Stewart are doing well!

Your quilt will be lovely with all those loving hands working on it!

Remember when we bought the beautiful kilt scraps? I found a use for those strips, it makes a beautiful wallet! I have so many ideas for future wallets using the wool and cork from Portugal! Picture won't load, would love to show it to you!

Please keep in touch, we love hearing from you!
    Hi Hi Love! So glad you found a use for that tartan. There are some very yummy offcuts of Harris Tweed around too which would make fab wallets!
    Alfie has inherited the bag you made for Lou. He will run the Race For Life with me when he is slimmer but not next summer, I will be too busy touring the quilt.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Aww.... Yay for Alfie! He found a new loving home with the Daisys!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?