Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Confession time!

Just sorting out my bookshelf - fiction and non-fiction - and it got me thinking about how many quilting books I have from which I have never made one single thing - not one How about you?

2. Thanks Spring Bird thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Confession time!

Yup, ....well I had a bunch. I went through all of them some time ago and was surprised at how many there were. Donated all to the Salvation Army; now I only buy one if there's more than one pattern in it I want AND I can't live without it. So I rarely buy anything new. The internet keeps me very happy.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you could look at my kindle, I have a lot of books I haven't read yet. At least they're not on a bookcase.

Quilting/ craft books, I donated a bunch of various craft books that my mom bought and never opened, and I cleaned out a lot of my craft books when we moved.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I have lots of pattern books, haven't made very many yet, but I have lots earmarked for future projects!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I started weeding my cookbooks. I went through them and copied all the recipes that I made that turned out. I'm planning on putting them in a folder sorting them like a regular cookbook. I made some really good progress in June, got rid of about 30 cookbooks, but there are lots more to do. Should start that again. My sister and I also donated quite a few quilting books to be recycled by other quilters, lots more of them too. Glad I'm not alone.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I few years ago I started using a kindle for reading in general. I never thought I would like anything but a real book but have found I really like that. Quilting books are another story. I used to buy them more readily than fabric and I bought lots of technique books, block reference books, books on machine quilting. I am finally to the point where I can sort through them and whittle my collection down. I don't refer to them as much as I used to. And I rarely buy books anymore, there have to be several projects in the book before I will shell out money on one now.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

just took most of mine to the retreat and put them on the share table. Never opened them in a couple years. Time to take lots of weight off the shelves
    Dolores

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I had to stop buying quilting books, etc. due to space. I went thru my quilt books yesterday and donated a lot of them to Salvation Army. Only a couple I had actually used a pattern and that was a Christmas pattern. I kept this book because I just love it and may use it again this Christmas. I also have a few on my Kindle but haven't read them yet. I mostly bought my books at Joann Fabrics using coupons and then they stopped accepting coupons on books. They actually did me a favor
    Linda

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I helped a friend that had to downsize to a travel trailer. As I helped her carry her extensive collection of paper back books to the library I thought about how much money she had wasted. Inspired by her downsizing I started to look at my magazine stack. At least my "wasted" money had pretty colored pictures. I now have only one subscription and thank goodness for the internet and this group for inspiration.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Too many. I did a give away not to long ago on the forum, that was fun. I'm ready to give them to the library along with cookbooks. Since I don't eat red meat anymore they don't serve a purpose.

Lorie