Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saying hello to everyone

Hi everyone...just wanted to pop in to say a quick hello and let you know that you are all in my thoughts very often.

Things have been a bit more hectic than normal. My mom passed away on Friday, the 13th. I was with her and she went as peacefully as she could have. I spent last week and the weekend before, clearing out her room at the nursing home (they only give you 24 hours from the time of death to do this) and fighting with my brother. Death really does bring out the worst in people. We have since come to a truce and figured things out and maybe even will be able to improve on the relationship we had...here's hoping.

Aside from that, things have been okay. I'm moving along well in my life and actually am starting to think about the future and what that will be. I haven't gotten back in the sewing room much but have managed to actually set it up a enough that I can use my machine for the odd mending and such.

I am hoping everyone is doing well. I hope as winter comes on that I will find more time to get back to some sewing and being in here a bit more. Thinking of you all and sending love and hugs to those who need them. xoxox

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saying hello to everyone

Oh Wendy, so sorry to hear about your mother.....sending love and hugs across the miles!
    It is so sad when families can't get along in the worst of times. I too have had that experience. And from where you least expect it. Hoping and praying that the relationship with your brother will continue to get better and even get stronger than before.
    Pop in when you can, we understand if you can't for awhile. Take care.

3. Thanks WendyI thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How nice you stopped in Wendy, but so sorry to hear that your mother died. I know her chronic illness took a huge toll on you for years, and yet, you must have mixed feelings about her death. I guess your brother expressed his stress in the best way he could, but sad he pushes you away in the process. You are so strong to recognize his inability to process her death and take the high road. Here's hoping things settle down for you soon and you can have some fun sewing. It is certainly a great solace to me, and others i know. Hope all is well at your job and Liam is happy in school this year and thriving!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wendy, condolences to you on the passing of your mother. How blessed that she passed peacefully. Special that you were with her at the time. Hopefully you and your brother can continue to have a stronger relationship. I'm happy to read that you are thinking of what your future might be. Good for you! May it be happy and bright!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wendy, it's so good to hear from you, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mother. I hope you take comfort in having been with her, as I'm sure she was comforted knowing you were there.

I pray that you and your brother can continue to put the past behind you, and rebuild your relationship with mutual love and respect. I know it won't be easy, but the things most worthy of having are the things most worth struggling for.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you Wendy! I'm sorry about your Mother passing. I know how hard that is and know first-hand how death brings out the worst in some people. I hope the future is bright for you and your son.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

The Guild President

Dewey, Arizona (transplanted Hoosier from Hobart, Indiana)
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about you Mom. It was a comfort for her that you were with her. May she rest in peace.

As others have said, pop in when you get a chance. Your posts have been missed ... take care of you and yours ...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wendi great to hear from you. So sorry to hear about your Mom. I also know full well how a death can effect different people. Take time to process it for yourself and pop in when you can. Hoping you can get in that sewing room soon and do something anything as it sets a mind at rest to do so.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about your Mom, Wendy. It was a blessing for both of you to be together when she passed. My hugs and prayers are with you and your brother. I hope your relationship will heal and grow.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Wendy ~ Glad you stopped by to give us an update. Sorry about your mom's passing. I hope you & your bro. can work out things & have a good relationship. It's been many years since DH's & my parents have died; we still miss them. Also his sister & my bro. & sis, who all died within the past 9 yrs. It's just the 2 of us now. I have a sis-in-law in TN whom I never get to see. She has Alzheimer's & other medical problems. My bro-in-law moved to the Philippines <1 yr. after my sis died -- someone he met on line. I've lost all contact with him. We have no fam. in Colo. It gets sort of lonely at times to be so far away from loved one.

May be comforted as you grieve. Cherish the good memories. God bless!