Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help please

I broke my clear souffle dish. I am having a heck of a time finding a replacement. I had found one and ordered it and washed it and put it away and it broke before I could use it. It was so fragile. My old one was the pleated look clear probably pyrex or anchor hocking. My family is begging for the turkey souffle I make and I can't find a pan. If anyone knows where I might look I would appreciate it. Here is a pick of my gorgeous souffle they are begging for.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	souffle 004.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	147064
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Hulamoon; October 17th, 2017 at 07:51 PM.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need help please

April check out www.replacements.com also Amazon has one but not exactly like yours.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know but your dish looks absolutely delicious! Did you try looking at a second hand store, antique store, Goodwill, or estate sale? Estate sales usually have loads of kitchen stuff, pots pans dishes etc.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

April, go for the Ebay one! Looks good and Pyrex is always a good brand. Can I have your turkey soufflé recipe, please???
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.amazon.com/Pyrex-1040908...x+souffle+dish shipping seems high on this one, but check the other sellers.

And for a good laugh, check this one (it has free shipping)
    https://www.amazon.com/Pyrex-Souffle...x+souffle+dish
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm up in Chicago now - I inherited the house I grew up in and my mom had a bunch of bowls that I have not gotten rid of. If you could give me the bowl depth, diameter of the bowl and the size of the solid band at the lip I can measure the ones I have and see if I have a match.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post
    April, go for the Ebay one! Looks good and Pyrex is always a good brand. Can I have your turkey soufflé recipe, please???
    Pyrex always USED TO BE a good brand. Corning Glass no longer makes Pyrex ware and the brand name was licensed to other companies. The European Pyrex is still the good stuff. However, what is sold here is no longer the same type of glass. If you haven't yet had the pleasure of having your Pyrex explode on you, stay tuned. You are in for a treat. I have had this happen with the new pyrex and the dish was cooked/wrecked/trashed the kitchen with company in the living room! You must handle it very carefully. If you can find old Pyrex anywhere, ladies and gents, snap it up!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I always try Amazon first then Ebay or you could even just do a Google search and see what you come up with. Your souffle looks really good
    Tracie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    Pyrex always USED TO BE a good brand. Corning Glass no longer makes Pyrex ware and the brand name was licensed to other companies. The European Pyrex is still the good stuff. However, what is sold here is no longer the same type of glass. If you haven't yet had the pleasure of having your Pyrex explode on you, stay tuned. You are in for a treat. I have had this happen with the new pyrex and the dish was cooked/wrecked/trashed the kitchen with company in the living room! You must handle it very carefully. If you can find old Pyrex anywhere, ladies and gents, snap it up!
    Yes, I agree, but I'm looking at the listing for a Vintage dish and thinking it would be the "good " pyrex....As I look at it again, I see the measurements and the Ebay one looks kinda small. How big is your dish, April
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon