Thread: Thursday hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday hellos

Name:  Thursday.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  10.5 KB

Good morning friends.

Not much happened yesterday. I did go to town to buy a new lock for the front door. The one we have has been sticking and locking us either in or out. Enough of that. Installed the new one, so much better. I never did get into the sewing room. I did go through all those boxes of material and patterns. 2 boxes of patterns and 4 boxes of material. The fabric is mainly clothes fabric, not really any cotton in there. I have kept the patterns that interest me, which is too many really but you never know right? As for the fabric, well, I will just hang on to it for now I think, as I decide which fabric will go with which pattern.

Hubby is off the camp sometime this morning. I am going to go to town to the nearly new shop and see what I can find. I have this really cool poncho that I recently purchased. It has sleeves and I just love it, so I was looking up patterns last night. I will look through old pattern books and see what is there, I might find something interesting. My friend Lynda sent a picture yesterday of a 'white' featherweight that is coming up for auction at a second hand store. I may just put a bid in. I would love to have it but not willing to spend big $$$$$. We shall see.

So I am alone until Sunday. What kind of mischief can I get into? I am really going to try and get back into the groove and get some of those projects done for the ss swap.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos

Morning Monique and all who'll follow.
    Monique, I sure hope you get into some really good mischief! What fun is there in being "good." Enjoy doing wherever your heart desires!

Sewed lots yesterday.....it rained.....or poured alll day yesterday and is still raining now. It's suppose to stop sometime today, we'll see. It's getting cold now. We've had the strangest weather this past summer and fall. We've had wild swings of temps. From 95 one day to 70 the next. Got down to 47 last night. Turned the heat on this am for the first time. With all the rain, it was damp too. Wow, the heat feels soooo good.

Hope everyone has a peaceful, productive (or not ) day. Love and hugs for all who need them....and well why not...to everyone, we all need some love and encouragement!
    Anita

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I've been up since 3 am and the good laugh I had over Monique's minion helped wake me up! Today is the last day of my 3-day work week. Work has been stressful lately and I'm looking forward to my 4-day weekends more and more. Not much sewing going on here. On Monday, I started a donation quilt to work on at the weekly sit-n-sew. I'm making the second version of the quilt from last Friday's M* tutorial. Have a good Thursday!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I watch the video of Jenny's quilt collection for the hurricane victims. What a project. Over 6000 quilts were donated. Just the sorting and storage is amazing. I can't comprehend how they will distribute them and how they will decide who gets them. Anyway, a mammoth undertaking.
    Today I am making a 30 lb prime rib at the restaurant. I am excited. This is an absolutely fabulous piece of meat with the marbleing and the short ribs still attached. Then, I'm going to find something to do with 10 lbs of IQF raspberries...a pie maybe.
    Everyone is signed on the sale of the restaurant and now we will wait and see if she comes thru with the down payment and the other terms. One of the terms is we are putting a lien on a co signers house for $80K for a balloon on the down payment due in June. I think that's the scary part. We are owner financing so it is a little scary to walk away and trust our life savings to a 29 yr old single woman with virtually no money. But, I have prayed and asked God to send a buyer and this is who walked into our lives, so I am trying to have faith. Can't seem to sleep...my mind won't stop churning.
    I have been watching videos of the bargello quilt. I want to make one but it looks daunting. I'm thinking with the new stripology ruler that Joy gave me, maybe I can do it if I really take my time and I'm hoping I have lots of time. First though, I need to finish up all the Shriner quilts that I need to get FMQ'd. But, I'm making plans.
    Among those plans is, I'm wondering if I should throw a big retirement bash to let my customers know how much I've appreciated them. I just don't know if I have the energy to plan a party and do the move out at the same time. oh boy, decisions. Can you tell my mind is fragmented?

8. Thanks Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ~ After all that push to get things ready for the guild quilt show, I did no sewing yest. I am glad to have that monkey off my back. It was a beautiful fall day -- sunny & got up to 76 deg. I took advantage of the good weather to change my bed & air the pillows outside on the line. Did some vacuuming & dust mopping, which had been neglected during the sewing push.

Today the drain folks come to work on our bsmt. drain. We are dreading it, but it has to be done. I really don't think there is a problem with the drain between the house & the street or we'd be having drainage problems from the main floor drains. It's just the downstairs utility rm. floor drain. We don't dare flush the bsmt. toilet at the same time the washer empties or the toilet overflows & the floor drain backs up. I think there is an access under the steps. If that has to be accessed, it will mean moving everything that is stored under the steps out. That would be a big job!

DH is ready for his breakfast. Gotta run.

10. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just sitting here watching our one little cardinal that has found our birdfeeder. Bless his heart, he's not telling his friends about the feeder being here. He's the only one that has shown up and he's here for just a few minutes. DS think's we're too close to the highway access and lack of trees. Both neighbors have big trees, but its nothing like the woods we had surrounding us in NC.

I'm going to work on one of the patterns from the Fat Quarter Shuffle book. It's set up like a bargello, but in a smaller version, 2 placemats and a table runner.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Just finished up my breakfast and sitting here trying to figure out what I want to do today. Had some rain during the night and the ground is to wet to go out and clean up the leaves. So I stay inside and will work on making my holiday cards.

Last week this time I was packing and scrambling to rent a car to go to my nieces wedding. I took my car in for service last thursday in the am and was told I need a new radiator. Just what I wanted to hear the day before I was leaving. So I had to rent a car as I was nervous about taking mine. So now need to save up for the repair which means no money to buy fabric this month. But that is ok as I want to get started on those cards.

Wishing everyone a great day.
    Barbara

14. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone....Dottie has colitis and she has ever so many meds to take for several days. Hopefully she will clear up quickly.

It's coolish here again today. I'm wearing my favorite outfit I call Summer on the Bottom and Winter on the Top. Pedal pushers and flip flops on the bottom and a sweatshirt on top. I have been know to also wear this ensemble with cowboy boots.

I had hoped to do a little sewing today, but several loads of laundry is all I've accomplished.

Have a great day everyone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique I love your Clip Art on this message......I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants ! ( well, that isn't hard too do nowadays as I keep getting older I guess. Trouble is, I don't FEEL as old as I look I guess ! )

Name:  crooked Smiley.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  5.2 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been sleeping well and I have my days and nights mixed. I need to clean the house so bad . DS is coming home tomorrow for a wedding..

Yesterday, I glanced into the guest room and out of the corner of my eye saw the destruction this lab did to my mother's furniture. I was so upset I put her outside until I could calm down. She has every chew toy you can imagine. I do watch her as best as I can. She eats everything and now she has just destroyed the leg on a dresser. It is not valuable furniture but it meant a lot to me cause it was moms. I told my daughter that I would love to find her a new home. She said mom let me talk to Tim and maybe we could take her, that was dad's dog we can't throw her away. This morning I feel guilty. It was his dog. I have put her on the screen porch this morning and guess I need to go see if she has eaten anything else.