Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Replacement quilt done...ready to move on

Here is the replacement for the sneaky lady that got a custom quilt from the Shriners auction by saying she bought a quilt and dd didn't like the colors. Now its done and tomorrow I will try to call her and tell her to come and get it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pink&grey.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	146962 The seams didn't line up...but do I care...I just went for a quick finish. I guess I should take more pride in my work.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pinkgreyback.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	146963

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews, SewMuchToDo, Janina, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Replacement quilt done...ready to move on

I think it looks grand! It's much more than she deserves. Stick to your guns, this is it, whether she likes it or not.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I plan to.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry that turned out nice! Pretty colors!

7. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, you are quick! Didn't you just start that the other day? It looks great to me!
    Tracie

9. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe how fast you put that together! You go, Girl!

11. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like the colors Terry......so, tell me, did she pick these colors out ?
    WOW....I don't think I would have the nerve to say I didn't like the colors of a quilt I purchased .......well, it takes all kinds I guess. Nice of you to do this !!!

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

13. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
    I like the colors Terry......so, tell me, did she pick these colors out ?
    WOW....I don't think I would have the nerve to say I didn't like the colors of a quilt I purchased .......well, it takes all kinds I guess. Nice of you to do this !!!
    Her daughter is having the baby // She brought me pictures of the room. Grey and white flowered wallpaper. She wanted a grey and white quilt. The mom (new grandma ) wanted some pink in it, so she brought me a swatch of the pink.
    I used left over charms that I had in my stash for the front and for the back, just for the new mom, only grey and white and I quilted it with the meandering flower fmq from angela waters, although this was a really fast not too well formed FMQ. Then I bound it with left over pink jelly roll strips.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Terry,,,, and YES there are people out there "not to be believed"!!! Your the better person Terry...
    This is why i will not "sell" my stuff,,, when the pressure is on, the fun is gone...LOL
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

16. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    Her daughter is having the baby // She brought me pictures of the room. Grey and white flowered wallpaper. She wanted a grey and white quilt. The mom (new grandma ) wanted some pink in it, so she brought me a swatch of the pink.
    I used left over charms that I had in my stash for the front and for the back, just for the new mom, only grey and white and I quilted it with the meandering flower fmq from angela waters, although this was a really fast not too well formed FMQ. Then I bound it with left over pink jelly roll strips.
    Thanks for the info Terry......
    What is it with moms-to-be wanting to decorate a nursery in Grey / Pink or Grey /Blue......Sorry, but I just think Grey is such a drab color for a baby....When my first 3 kids were born, we lived in rented apartments /townhouses and you really couldn't do much to the walls of the baby's room. I had some things that my mom actually hung up in my room as a baby so I hung those little animals in my kids' rooms when they were babies, and back then, ultrasounds weren't given on a routine basis like they are now,so with the first 3 kids we didn't know what they were until they were born. ( In fact, because the doctor though I was extremely overdue with my first baby, he had me get an X-ray and found out that the baby was ready, and he was born 4 days after the pelvic Xray.)
    ......Funny story....when we were expecting our fourth child, we had purchased our first home 6 yrs prior to our baby's birth, and I was finally going to get to decorate a nursery ! We wallpapered, painted, I made curtains, bumper pad, and a blanket to match the crib.(I had given my crib to a friend for her baby, and she gave it back to me for my last son) When Jordan was born, he didn't like the nursery, and by the time he was six months old, he would much rather sleep in one of the kids' room, in a wooden playpen that DH had refurbished (wow I wish I had kept that now) !!! We laughed about it after Jordan became a toddler because we spent so much time re-decorating that room especially for him, and he wouldn't sleep in it ! LOL !
    Last edited by redcaboose1717; October 12th, 2017 at 12:05 AM.

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

18. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post