Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Juki TL-2010Q Foot Pedal Question

I've been reading the reviews on the Juki TL-2010Q and some are saying that they don't like the foot pedal because they are always cutting the thread by accident. Does anyone own this machine and have this issue? I have this machine on my "wish list" along with all the others I'm looking at but don't want to consider if the foot pedal is an issue.

I've also compared to the Juki TL-2000qi and it appears the only difference is the speed control on the 2010q. Is it worth the additional money for the speed control option or is the 2000qi easy to control speed with just the pedal? Thanks in advance for your input.
    Tracie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juki TL-2010Q Foot Pedal Question

I have the tl2010qi. While I have activated the thread cutter unintentionally a few times, it's not a problem for me. You press down with the heel of your foot to use the thread cutter. I've done it when I wasn't paying enough attention.

As to the speed control, I first purchased the 2010q, no speed control. I returned it and bought the qi. The speed control really helped to manage FMQ. And really, I just can't sew at 1500 stitches a minute. I leave love my Juki. Good luck.
    Diana Grey

3. Thanks Tracie T thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I also have the TL2010 and unintentionally used the foot pedal thread cutter a few times in the beginning, but I got accustomed to it and it's not a problem now. I like the speed control as I tend to put "pedal to the metal" and the speed control helps keep me from getting too fast.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

5. Thanks Tracie T thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I also have the 2010q and love,love, love it. I think I hit the thread cutter once. It isn't a problem for me. There is a is a part you can order for the pedal to inhibit the cutter. It won't take you long to not rock back on the foot cutter regardless.

7. Thanks Tracie T thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 2010Q also. Love the thread cutter. Did have a small adjustment time. I find that if I sew without a shoe on that foot I seldom cut the thread accidentally but with a shoe on I do if more often. I have a better feel for the pressure without my shoe. I also like the speed adjustment.

9. Thanks Tracie T thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Same for me....I have had one a couple years now and when I do cut the thread, it's by accident.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

11. Thanks Tracie T thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Being a man, my feet are pretty big and this thread cutter was a pain. The new juki 2200 mini comes with a piece that blocks this and it can be purchased separately and works with the tl series foot pedals..it is a piece of rubber that blocks the thread cutter from pressing down. I got it for $20 from ken’s....

13. Thanks Tracie T thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.! I've been really researching these different machines and your input has helped a lot!
    Tracie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gshalom View Post
    Being a man, my feet are pretty big and this thread cutter was a pain. The new juki 2200 mini comes with a piece that blocks this and it can be purchased separately and works with the tl series foot pedals..it is a piece of rubber that blocks the thread cutter from pressing down. I got it for $20 from ken’s....
    I've bought it from Allbrands. Love it.

I originally turned the footpedal sort of sideways.

16. Thanks Tracie T thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I also had the Juki TL-2010Q one of my favorite machines ever. The foot pedal was not hard for me to get used to. I sewed for awhile on it as my main machine and then my DH put it on a frame. I gave this machine and frame to my DD when I got another. This machine is a work horse.

18. Thanks Tracie T thanked for this post