Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Singer Featherweight Shop Retreat

I received an email from The Singer Featherweight Shop this morning stating there will be a Featherweight Retreat August 21-24 at Missouri Star Quilt Company. Details will be coming to Eventbrite in the future.

If you have gone to this in the past, do you know if they just sew or do they show how to clean and maintain your machine? I just purchased another FW at an auction and would like to get it cleaned up to sell. Thought this might be a good opportunity to do so.

FYI - February 8-18 they are going to have a Featherweight Caribbean Cruise. Sounds like fun but that's way too long for me to be on a boat.

Edited to add the website for their workshops:
    https://singer-featherweight.com/pages/events
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Singer Featherweight Shop Retreat

Robin - check your PM
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The event is posted on Eventbrite. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/carmen-...ts-42715187275 It looks like they do tell you how to clean and maintain your machine. Also history and some fun sewing projects for your featherweight. Enjoy the retreat.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously not what I would expect . . . Guess I'll be staying home that week.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It does sound like fun though but I could never afford to go to that. Have fun those ones that do attend.

They also have lots of DIY videos on how to fix your machines.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Check around with your local shops..... I recently signed up for a class to learn to clean and maintain my Featherweight..... won't be 'til March but I have heard they teach everything you need to know.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have no problems at all taking a machine apart and putting it back together. Have one that I'd like to change the motor on and would like assistance with that, as well as replacing some wiring on one - but not four days where they are also teaching how to make a carrying case cover and other things that I couldn't be bothered with . . . I've restored a lot of machines but never replaced the motor on a FW . . .

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Crikey! This would be fun and interesting to me, but by the time I pay for airfare, oh and shopping, and the retreat, it would be well over $1000.........

He is coming to Olympia, I think in May, so I'll think about that one. There is another shop that has this class with a different instructor at a much lesser cost....I'll also be checking that.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    I have no problems at all taking a machine apart and putting it back together. Have one that I'd like to change the motor on and would like assistance with that, as well as replacing some wiring on one - but not four days where they are also teaching how to make a carrying case cover and other things that I couldn't be bothered with . . . I've restored a lot of machines but never replaced the motor on a FW . . .
    YOU CAN DO IT SANDY!!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Sandy, try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2VjbamJVjM