• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simply Quilting
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2013

MSQC Forum Retreat Changes for 2018

For the 2018 MSQC Forum Retreat, there are some changes. Several people have asked for one more day to be added to the retreat. The dates are Sunday, September 23, 2018, to Thursday, September 27, 2018 which is right after the MSQC 10 year birthday bash. The retreat check in starts at noon on Sunday and check out is by 11 AM on Thursday.

The cost of the retreat will be the normal price of the retreats ($400 for people staying at the retreat center and $200 for commuters). These are 4 days, 3 night retreat prices while ours will be a 5 day, 4 night. This means we will get an extra night free. Items that are included in the price: 11 meals, use of a sewing machine (limited number), use of a sewing kit (limited number), retreat goody bag scavenger hunt, retreat t-shirt, mini-classes, MSQC demonstrations, door prizes, some fun surprises, access to a full kitchen, cutting tables, irons and ironing boards, and all the other fun activities that are planned for the retreat. As with past retreats, you have the option to participate in as many or as few activities as you wish.

Registration will be on Eventbrite starting in January 2018 with a link and password protect that will be found in the registration information that will be post in the Retreats and Events page on the forum in January 2018. There will be a total of 39 spots - 37 will be at the retreat center and 2 commuter spots. If the retreat numbers are not considered full, then retreat will become open to the public in April. The refund option policy is:
    1. Sign up for a different retreat; 2. Receive a refund in quilterโ€™s cash; or 3. Transfer your ticket to someone else.

These changes come from MSQC and are the policies that all of their retreats are moving to.
  • redcaboose1717
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2011

Re: MSQC Forum Retreat Changes for 2018

Ohh......I can't wait. I have tried for 3-4 yrs to go, and either I get sick, or something else happens !!!
    I really want to go to the 2018 retreat soo bad.....( well, I have said that for the last 3 yrs !!! )
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

• Luvngrammy
      Quilting Royalty
      • Jun 2011

Quick question about the Birthday Bashes...do you know when or how soon you need to register for that? Is it all done online or do you even need to register ..unless your attending one of the main events they plan? What to be sure and come next year and trying to decide if doing both retreat and bb or one or the other..oh my..Tks

Comment

• Simply Quilting
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Luvngrammy View Post
        Quick question about the Birthday Bashes...do you know when or how soon you need to register for that? Is it all done online or do you even need to register ..unless your attending one of the main events they plan? What to be sure and come next year and trying to decide if doing both retreat and bb or one or the other..oh my..Tks
        You do not have to register for the birthday bash in general. This year they offered something new which was the Birthday Bash preregistration which got you birthday swag. For the birthday bash events, the registration usually start late spring/early summer. All registration is done on-line. If you are thinking about doing the Birthday Bash, I would highly recommend that you find a hotel or bed and breakfast now as many are already sold out. Some people have been planning for two years to come to the 2018 birthday bash because it is MSCQ 10th birthday.

We would love to see you at the retreat and the bash. Some people come in on Saturday to catch one day of the bash before the retreat starts while others come in on Wednesday and stay until the following Wednesday. It all depends upon people's schedule.

Comment

• azmotogirl
          Batting Beauty
          • Oct 2017

Do you have the specific dates for the Birthday Bash? I am new to your celebrations and not sure if it is a one day/ two day or longer celebration. Also.... can anyone registered on the forum attend the retreat?

Comment

• K. McEuen
            Super Moderator
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by azmotogirl View Post
            Do you have the specific dates for the Birthday Bash? I am new to your celebrations and not sure if it is a one day/ two day or longer celebration. Also.... can anyone registered on the forum attend the retreat?
            M*'s Birthday Bash is a 3 day event, Thurs., Fri., and Sat. I'm not 100% sure of the dates, but it is usually near the third weekend in September. Charyti will know. Anyone that is a forum member and registers and pays for the retreat can attend.
            K is for Karen ๐Ÿ˜Šโ€‹ Albuquerque, NM..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

• Simply Quilting
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2013

The M* 10th Birthday Bash will be September 20, 21 and 22. There is usually a kick of dinner on Wednesday night (September 19).

Then the M* forum retreat starts on that Sunday, Sept 23 at noon. The registration information should be coming out soon on the retreat.
              Last edited by Simply Quilting; January 8, 2018, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• azmotogirl
                Batting Beauty
                • Oct 2017

Thx for all the info.... very excited to try to go this year and meet some of the great people from the forum that are so very helpful for us newbies!!

Comment

• bubba
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                  M*'s Birthday Bash is a 3 day event, Thurs., Fri., and Sat. I'm not 100% sure of the dates, but it is usually near the third weekend in September. Charyti will know. Anyone that is a forum member and registers and pays for the retreat can attend.
                  I've met people both times I've been to the retreat that were not forum members. They just tagged along with friends. I was kind of surprised as I thought that was one of the requirements of attending.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• K. McEuen
                    Super Moderator
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                    I've met people both times I've been to the retreat that were not forum members. They just tagged along with friends. I was kind of surprised as I thought that was one of the requirements of attending.
                    Forum members have first chance at it and many bring friends. The actual forum members have never come close to filling the retreat center yet. One year it was opened up to the public on Eventbrite and we had a packed center, but many non-members had no clue what to expect at the retreat so that year was a bit hectic to say the least.

Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

Comment

• snippet
                      Missouri Star
                      • Oct 2012

I remember that year Karen. I would hope when it is posted publicly on EventBrite it will state that it is a Forum retreat, what we will be doing, and what to bring (gifts, materials for optional classes) so everyone will know what is going on.

Comment

• wildernessquilter
                        Quilting Guru
                        • Sep 2015

And some of us that attended before we were Forum members have become Forum members and have come back to the retreat repeatedly. We all had to start sometime.
                        Sue

Comment

• K. McEuen
                          Super Moderator
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by wildernessquilter View Post
                          And some of us that attended before we were Forum members have become Forum members and have come back to the retreat repeatedly. We all had to start sometime.
                          Sue
                          Yep, you have stuck with us and brought friends! There is another lady that has come back every year since too. I can see her but can't remember her name.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                            Missouri Star
                            • Dec 2013

2018 Retreat Registration is now up https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...ad.php?t=75070

Comment

• azmotogirl
                              Batting Beauty
                              • Oct 2017

Whoooo hooooooo......... Just signed up. Very excited to be going to my first retreat and look forward to meeting many of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X