Default Re: Sewing for Puerto Rico?

Yea and the administration is calling their response a "Good News Story"

Lorie

2. Thanks Midge thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sewing for Puerto Rico?

Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    I just saw on the NBC website that there are thousands of containers packed full of relief supplies, medicine, construction materials, food, etc. that have arrived in San Juan and are on the docks. HOWEVER. The infrastructure is mostly destroyed, and the truck drivers and their trucks have not returned to work yet. I suppose they are taking care of their own families right now, and who can blame them? Plus, the roads are mostly destroyed. I understand the situation in the areas outside of the cities is even worse. I know the military is distributing thousands of satellite phones all over the island since the cell towers are all destroyed except for one. So perhaps phone services will again be available and the people can learn what is arriving at their docks or already there. It's just hard to imagine how impossible all this is for Puerto Rico.
    There is also a lack of gasoline and diesel to move those trucks. What little they have is being used for things like hospital generators. So truck drivers can't drive anyway.