• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Georgie Girl
    The Guild President
    • Apr 2017

Help with mini quilt

I've read the directions a million times and they make no sence to me. This is my third try at a different mini quilt and I'm determined to finish this one. The boarder is squares F-D-E-D-G -D=E-G-D
    F piece cut 1-1/2 x 1-3/4
    D piece cut 1-1.2 x 2
    E piece cut 1-3/4 x 2
    G piece cut 1-3/4 x 4
    Here is what I don't understand:follow the chart piece 5 side units and 4 units for top and bottom rows. The top and bottom row pieces are 1/4" taller than similar, individual pieces in the other rows. Piece the top and bottom rows so the unfinished height of each row is 1-3/4" (the unfinished height of the other similar , individual pieces is 1-1/2)

The side units are A 1-1/2 x 1=1/2
    C 1-1/2 x 2

Someone please help I'm desperate It's that top I don't understand.
  • Patty J
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Help with mini quilt

Hope someone comes along, wish I could help you. Sounds like maybe somewhere along the way there is a miscut or a seam that didn't stay at a quarter inch. Good luck

Comment

• Claire Hallman
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

Oh that sounds awful, have you got pictures to help? I so seldom read the directions on a pattern but use the pictures as directions.
      Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Caroline T.
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2016

What pattern is this?

Comment

• Iris Girl
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2013

Can you post a pic? I often use the pictures for putting together things, only read for sizing. Also name of pattern so we can look it up if you can.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

• jjkaiser
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2013

Once you have the individual units pieced and pressed can't you just lay them out and match up the seams and sew your block together, at that point just throw your directions or the window? That's what I would do just see what piece guess in the center and what are the side pieces and they should all come together. Unless you can post a picture of what you have already made and a picture of the finished one that is usually shown on the pattern directions. It is a little hard to wrap my head around what you did with just the measurements and no pictures.
            Jocelyn
            South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• midnightline
              The Guild President
              • Apr 2016

Why is piece D a different size than the others? Everything else is 1 3/4x something, but D is 1 1/2x something.

Comment

• Georgie Girl
                The Guild President
                • Apr 2017

Thanks everyone. I'v e got the 9 patch blocks made and it's the stupid border directions. The sides I figured out. It's the top and bottom. Going to just do pieces that fit and throw the directions to the wind. The pattern is from "From my heart to your hands" by Lori Smith. My DSINL gave me a whole bunch of these minis and took the easiest one. Ends up to be 16 x 20. It does have a picture. Not worth the effort of posting pictures. Again thanks for your responses.

Comment

Working...
                X