Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spam posts

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Spam posts

I have to agree with the above 3 posts. This is a gift given to us. I love this place. All you need do is hover your mouse over the weird titles to see they are spam (games, etc) then move on. Just like reading the paper you read what you want and skip the rest.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use a mouse I have touch but it's pretty easy to tell which ones are spam and skip over them. I went through not being able to log in yesterday and I can't imagine this form to be gone forever. Because of my DH health he sleeps till 11. Who would I have my coffee with?

3. Thanks sydneybean, Astatoo thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Dewey, Arizona (transplanted Hoosier from Hobart, Indiana)
    Post Thanks / Like

The spam is annoying ... but not having this forum would be a million times worse! I look forward to seeing, learning, and enjoying everyone's posts! Thanks M* !

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the HGTV forum for several years, then they discontinued it and I felt lost without a place to find quilting info, pictures and just plain good ideas for things to make. Then I found this site and Jenny. I love it here and would be very sad to see it be discontinued. I'll just not click on anything that doesn't look ligit.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We've had some spammers over the years, but nothing like this. One person is probably posting all that nonsense under different names.

I was just wondering what spamming technique had changed. It's not just inconvenient, it's also what's behind it. If someone accidentally replies to one of these posts - what's their gain? Spam on every site you belong to? Possible identity theft? Some one is looking for free money? somewhere. Since these idiots are now "members" can they post to your email here? Look through all your posts and pictures?

Some web sites do have a time set between signing up and posting. Some also let you post right away, but you can't insert a link to another site for a specified amount of time or posts.

7. Thanks shirleyknot thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Since there are, as yet, no spam posts this morning, someone may finally have got it figured out. And you are correct in thinking this junk does eventually cause OTHER problems. Its just the "foot in the door".

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, the moderators HAVE been deleting spammers, before you see them. These are NOT, idententity theft spammers, they are paid click bait spammers. Just don't FLIPPING click on the link. It is really very simple......clicking the thread may be an annoyance, but it is not dangerous, UNLESS YOU CLICK ON THE LINK. Take a chill pill, it really isn't a big deal. And for those of you that complain ALL the time about MSQC, you have NO clue how much the mods clean up behind the scenes, that you are oblivious too. Like I said before, if you don't like it, leave. No one is forcing you to stay here.
    Last edited by auntiemern; September 23rd, 2017 at 12:48 PM.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

10. Thanks sydneybean, kgirlmom thanked for this post