Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Angela's "Shattered Frames" Stashbusting Strip Quilt | Midnight Quilt Show with Angela Walters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmNKAGDp4D8

Enjoy !

This one is perfect to practice free motion on !
    Last edited by Swedish leo; September 13th, 2017 at 08:47 AM.

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

2. Thanks Yanna, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Angela's "Shattered Frames" Stashbusting Strip Quilt | Midnight Quilt Show with Angela Walters

Agree that fmq would be a learning experience on this quilt. Except for the large center rectangle I think the quilting won't show much?? Thanks for posting.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Angela's "Shattered Frames" Stashbusting Strip Quilt | Midnight Quilt Show with Angela Walters

I loved it when she said that small neat box was her stash. lol, I don't know any quilter that has a stash of 5 or 6 neatly matching fabrics.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

5. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...never thought of my stash like that...is there any other type of collection people use up? My mom collected salt & pepper shakers, we never used them, DH collects screws and nails, never uses them.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have not got all those solids in my stash, how about the rest of you? I almost never buy a solid that isn't a shade of white. I love patterned fabrics best of all.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'll never know. Could only stand a couple minutes

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't really care for this particular pattern. It won't be on my bucket list.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love her shows for FMQ inspiration. Although most of the piecing patterns didn't interest me, I learn a lot about what to quilt where and how to travel from one block to the next.