Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Wednesday!

Good morning from Cornwall pei. The sun is just coming up, it will be a beautiful day today. Well I made it to the quilt shop yesterday but was very disappointed. First of all I was greeted by a barking dog. I shouted to the lady that I was terrified of dogs. So she held the dog. I didn't stay more than 10 minutes. There is another quilt shop not 16 min. From here, imagine that. Yup going to visit there. We need to do a supply run and a drug run (both sick with cough and cold). Could be worse right. Going to visit Charlottetown today.

Have a great day everyone!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello Wednesday!

Morning all,
    Up early sitting with a cup of coffee watching the birds at the feeders and enjoying the peace and quiet of the morning.

Been a busy week of sewing. I'm doing a three day quilt camp upstate so been prepping as much as I can so when I get there I can get down to the serious sewing. Today will finish packing everything up and hopefully the weather will cooperate and I'll have a pleasant drive tomorrow.

Glad to see our Florida members checking in and that they have come through Irma without too much damage.

Wishing everyone a good day and hugs to all that could use a few extra today.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

3. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

Monique, I can't imagine being greeted by an unfriendly dog in a quilt shop of all places! Sorry to hear you are both sick....not what you want to have on your vacation.

We're doing okay, just trying to get established on LifeLock to protect ourselves after the huge security breach. I find all of this really stressful.

No sewing going on here. I'm done caring for the neighbors kitties.....until next time. Today seems like a good day to cook a pot of beans with ham. We got a little rain last night. I hope it was enough to settle the dust on our road.

Wishing everyone a blessed day. To everyone struggling, I'm thinking of you and praying. (((HUGS)))

5. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Still dark here. Yest. it got up to 96 deg. A couple more hot days, then we'll be getting more seasonable temps.

I'll be off to Bible Study Fellowship this morning. I got all my running around errands done yest., so I can come right home to be with DH. I do a medical procedure for DH every other morning. He really doesn't like to be left alone on those days, so I try not to go anywhere on those days, but it can't be helped every other Wed. for BSF & every other Sunday for church.

Our guild mtg. was interesting last night. We have ~265 members, I believe. There were several new ones last eve. >100 attend each mo., which incl. a couple men & a few children. Anyway, we had a "school house" eve. The program was 4 separate classroom event, each 20 min., & we rotated so everyone attended each class. One had to do with an easy way to make bias binding. Two others were info. about bindings, but the best one was presented by Karen Gibbs, who has moved to Colo. & joined our guild. She is a fabric designer of batiks for Northcott--something called Banyan Batiks. She goes to Bali 3 xs a yr. She had sample fabrics of her new line which is coming out next year--not even available by stores yet. One process is called Shibori. the other is called Ketan (pronounced "kay-tan"), which is a holiday rice from Indonesia, offered in an array of colors for celebrations. Ketan offers a beautiful range of 80 prints. Karen had a display of numerous quilts in which she does very small bargello. It was amazing. Most of her quilts were made with batiks. Her technique gives a whole new perspective on how to make bargello quilts.

No more time now. Have a great day.

7. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday was my 30th anniversary and how did I celebrate, I got my bridge placed. Yippee! Glad that process is over.

I'm a little upset this morning. My good friend, we used to be colleagues until she retired and I got let go in a mass layoff, baled on me again. We have been trying to get together for about 6 weeks now and she keeps telling me she has to do something else, including sometimes at the last minute. She has honestly made me feel like everybody else is important but me. Before I responded about whether I could meet later today, I send a message saying do you even want to meet. I would rather be told the truth than be lied to. I'm a little over her right now.

Currently working on the hexagons for the super girls (Wonder Woman, Super Girl, Bat Girl) one block wonder quilt that I am making my other friend for Christmas. It's gonna be really silly because of the way the fabric cut. I have a lot of lone body parts e.g. legs in boots creating the hexagons. I bought extra fabric so that I can create a border, so she can see what the original fabric looked like. I expect to have this on the design wall by some time this weekend. My personal way of not driving myself crazy with redesigning, is I have 3 days to create the final design and then I start sewing.

Yesterday I created a Facebook Group for Canadian Long Arm Quilting Business Owners. I figured I could find out answers to many of my questions by talking in a group. My goal is to be up and running by January 1, 2018, but I honestly don't know how to do this from a business perspective.

At any rate, have a good day peeps.

9. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone. We are still having pretty weather and ground is finally dry.

DH's sinus surgery will be tomorrow morning. We have to be there at 5:30 am. Prayers would be appreciated. He will be glad when this is over with.

Thinking of all those in Florida as they start the recovery process.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

11. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all. Monique hope your feeling better and I would not like to be met by a barking dog at a quilt shop. A purring kitty ok. Got a load of wash on the line hoping it will dry today we have scattered showers for the afternoon predicted. Sun trying to peek out but has not quite made it yet.
    Working on a Christmas runner for the upcoming swap.
    Made the filling for chicken potpie for dinner.
    Have a great day all.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

13. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh would you please share your chicken pot pie recipe, I just love that!!! I sewed lots today I have a blue scrap quilt going. I also sewed some other blocks to go with to break up the blues. The alt blocks are very colorful and I just can't make up my mind when I look at those. One day I think wow that looks great and the next day it is what was I thinking?

We got new windows installed on Monday they look just great. Why did v we wait so long?!! But the drapery installer is coming next Monday to hang the new drapes in the L.R. I have 12 panels to iron between now and then and was supposed to get some of that done today but didn't even start, what with moving all the furniture back in place today after getting the windows in, and I was just so excited to have my sewing room put back together. Next couple days looks like an ironing party for me!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

JJKaiser, with all that personal information in your location, you are leaving yourself open to identity theft. Please don't think there are people that don't troll boards like this looking for information like you have given in your location.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndaj View Post
    JJKaiser, with all that personal information in your location, you are leaving yourself open to identity theft. Please don't think there are people that don't troll boards like this looking for information like you have given in your location.
    Thank you for alerting me to this. I guess I am a trusting person. Too much?? I deleted my personal info, I hope that cleaned it up okay??