• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Christmas fabric stash going down

Last weekend, I made a decision to work on using up my stash of fabrics. I don't have as many as most, but I have a healthy small walk-in closet filled. I organized my xmas fabrics, less than one huge bin. After sorting, I made 3 advent calendars, 9 xmas stockings, and 12 blocks of crazy patch. The calendars and stockings will be for a craft show in November. I am determined to reduce this bin to nothing, as I have way too many xmas decor items. image.jpgimage.jpg
    I will make some table runners and more 12 1/2" bocks for quick lap size quilts. Any relatives that expresses interest aof wants one will get one.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: Christmas fabric stash going down

Bravo! I have two boxes of Christmas prints. Placemats and napkins are on my list of things to do. I have a bunch of fat quarters that will get used this year. One box is all Christmas flannels, I just don't want to make a bunch of pajama bottoms. I'm looking for ideas to use up that box!
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2015

image.jpg
      Originally posted by KPH View Post
      Bravo! I have two boxes of Christmas prints. Placemats and napkins are on my list of things to do. I have a bunch of fat quarters that will get used this year. One box is all Christmas flannels, I just don't want to make a bunch of pajama bottoms. I'm looking for ideas to use up that box!
      What about a simple 5" block flannel quilt. I made a large lap size quilt with flannel blocks and backing last January. It can in handy when our furnace went out one night last December.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by KPH View Post
        I just noticed that you are from Jacksonville, Florida. I hope that you are safe from Irma.

Comment

• KPH
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

That's a good idea. I bet my DIL's mom would love to have one to snuggle up with when she's reading or grading papers.
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• MHG Winnower
            Missouri Star
            • Nov 2015

When I read the post, the end of the Twelve Days of Christmas popped into my head ... 3 advent calendars, 9 xmas stockings, and 12 blocks of crazy patch(es). Love the projects!!
            “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
            “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Working...
            X