Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from Columbia, MO

hello, hello!~

I'm a fairly new serious quilter... I've put a few quilt tops together over the years, but never focused on it to improve piecing or ventured to fun patterns... never applique. Then, this year i was staring at the bookshelves full of scrapbook albums and decided it was time to do something different. Instead of glueing pictures to paper for warm fuzzies, I decided to take up quilting for real warmth.

I'm 40 years old and live in Columbia, MO with my awesome husband and amazing stepdaughter (15). We have 2 lovely furbabies, Newman (orange tabby) and Fast Eddie (Flame/Red Point Siamese). They enjoy my new found craft, too. I'm a computer programmer as a full time job. I volunteer with Girl Scouts and this is my 8th year as a Leader (I have a Senior troop of 7 girls... Freshman in HS... ). I also own a small business that designs patch programs for scouts and other youth groups. I keep busy...

Just yesterday I decided to write a list of the quilting projects I completed this summer and was shocked to see I am working on number 10! That doesn't even count the coasters I'm making for Christmas. OH!! And I did the Row by Row experience this year and turned in a finished quilt (though it was not very well done, but it was done!) to a shop in New Florence first and got the prize package. It's was sooooo exciting.

I'm hoping to gain knowledge and read through posts and drool over lovely quilt photos.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from Columbia, MO

Welcome from northwest Missouri If you get a chance, drive up for the Birthday Bash later this month. Here is a link with more information https://www.missouriquiltco.com/prom...ash17-schedule There will be lots of people from the forum there.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from England! You know what they say, give a job to a busy woman and she'll get it done!! You sound like a very busy woman.

I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum and will receive lots of encouragement.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah!! Another one in my neck of the woods. I actually live in SE Kansas but spend a lot of time in Missouri. Maybe we could meet up sometime.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaryUK View Post
    Welcome from England! You know what they say, give a job to a busy woman and she'll get it done!! You sound like a very busy woman.

I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum and will receive lots of encouragement.
    Ha... yes, they say that... they also say idle hands are the devil's workshop, so I guess I'm not taking any chances. ha!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Arizona. I grew up near you in Fayette.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the forum from a Jefferson City Quilter. This is a wonderful place with the greatest people in the world.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum from Licking, MO (35 miles south of Rolla). Glad you joined us!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Lee's Summit, Mo here. Join the fun.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and Welcome!

Jeannette