Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Missing all of you

Hello all,

I have been gone so long some of you won't even know me LOL. I have truly been missing all of you, the forum, quilting...everything. This has not been easy time theuilting gives me last 10 months. My precious Daddy died the day after Thanksgiving after years of illness ( COPD). I got through the holidays, then on January 14th my husband had his 3rd heart and had to have quadruple by-pass. He did well for awhile, then last month they did some tests and after a heart cath found 1 by-pass had failed and had a clot in it. the clot was removed and a stent put in. He is again doing well. We have dealt with his heart disease for 19 years, this isn't my first rodeo. Add to all of this my youngest daughter lost a baby, at 5 months pregnant. Honestly, I'm just .....not sure what I am. I suppose waiting for the other foot to drop. I know we are not promised anything but right now, I know this. But I find myself constantly aware of the fact that I could lose my husband at anytime. I try not to think that way, we have always simply lived our lives, trying to treat every moment as precious.

Now please, I'm not looking for sympathy. I suppose I'm reaching out because I know others are dealing with things like this and so much more. Quilting has always been my refuge. Always when I quilt, I forget all my worries, my pain, and simply rejoice in the joy quilting gives me. I can't even find comfort there right now. I am so sad I can't make the forum again this year. Every year I plan to go, but life, money problems, my health, something seems to stop me. So please all of you going have some fun with me in mind, I'm hoping to join you next year.

All my Love,
    Liz

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Missing all of you

Hey Liz, we've missed you! I can see why you are feeling overwhelmed. So sorry you are dealing with so many stressful family situations. Know that we will be thinking of you and praying for you and your family. Hugs to you, Liz.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Liz, you have been missed! You have had lots of challenges thrown at you in a short succession, it must be hard to keep your head above water with all of that! I hope you can find refuge someday using your quilting to bring you to a place of comfort. I'' glad you came here to share your burdens, we'all be here whenever you need us!

5. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Liz, so sorry, feel the pain in your message. We're here for you and will always welcome you with open arms and listening hearts. Take care of yourself while you are taking care of all of your loved ones. Lots of quilty hugs being sent to you. Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Liz. I'm so sorry to hear about everything you are dealing with. I hope and pray that brighter days are just ahead for you. You have been missed here. (((HUGS)))

Name:  Hugs.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  10.8 KB

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear of all the goings on.You have been missed. Please take a small amount of time for yourself to help preserve your sanity through it all.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Life sometimes sucks (as I well know) and a little sympathy can be theraputic, so of course I share some with you.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sending hugs, prayers, comforting thoughts and a whole lot of empathy. Wish I had the power to teletransport you to Hamilton the end of the month.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Praying that your heart eases and you can again fill it with joy.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Liz, I am so very sorry to hear of all the pain and sadness you have had and are going through. I hope your heart , body, and spirit heal and you will find joy again soon!