Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Craftsy - free all day watching on Labor Day!

They're doing it again - for one day. If you've been wondering whether Craftsy is worth joining for you, it's a great way to check it out...
    http://link.craftsy.com/view/592f0ff...1equc/f5cd635e

2. Thanks Yanna thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Craftsy - free all day watching on Labor Day!

I have a list to watch tomorrow. It's a great way to check out the instructors and the class content. So, I'm already planning on a lazy day watching free classes!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried watching several classes, they won't come up. I hope their servers aren't overloaded already. It's only 7:30am my time!
    I got one class to come up, but it wasn't one i was interested in, just clicking on classes to see if it actually worked, it does but not sure what some come up and some don't.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!!
    Ceana

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have never gotten into Craftsy, just never checked it out. I'm not saying it's bad or anything. I have lots going on today. Could someone tell me if you can sign up for the free classes they have today and save them to be watched later? Or do they all have to be watched today only? I would love to find one on curved piecing. Thanks.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lorie, if you're using a laptop and see that the class video screen is black, move your cursor and you will see the progress bar. After it loads, the screen remains black until you move your cursor again. Then hit the play button (white arrow on left side). These free videos seem to load up differently than the paid class but you should be able to watch.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    I have never gotten into Craftsy, just never checked it out. I'm not saying it's bad or anything. I have lots going on today. Could someone tell me if you can sign up for the free classes they have today and save them to be watched later? Or do they all have to be watched today only? I would love to find one on curved piecing. Thanks.
    You have to watch the free classes today only. You can only get to the free classes by following the link they sent out at midnight. So you have to have signed up for a free Craftsy account yesterday

IMHO if you aren't using Craftsy you are really missing out. I have learned so much.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks Denise. I actually signed up for a Craftsy account last year but never did anything with it, so that puts me in the clear to watch some videos today if I can find the time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I logged in just now, but there was difficulty loading the video on which I clicked. It came up as a small box in the corner--no full screen, & the audio was iffy & the video wasn't smooth. I gave up.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching the Stupendous Stitching class. You aren't allowed to see the course materials list or comments unless you pay but you can see the video itself and take notes.