Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Craftsy - free all day watching on Labor Day!

I watched only a couple start to finish. Many I skipped around the class portions to get a feel for if I wanted to buy or not. I have a few in my Favorites now for when sales happen. I was also able to see if I could handle listening to the instructor. I've had good and bad experiences with that.

I love to bake and watched one about Mr Chocolate and his chocolate cake.. wow...I'm not that good a baker - using a blowtorch on a mixing bowl....I'd burn my house down!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharyn J View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the freebies. I enjoyed watching some that were on my list and also found some that I would not buy. It's too bad that everyone could not take advantage of the free day due to the problems.
    Sometimes you wonder about some business decisions. If the aim was to attract quilters/bakers/knitters/photographers/etc to their site ... and then the site is cumbersome to use (if it can be used at all) ... well it wasn't a wise way to advertise. I don't think they will sell as many follow-up classes as they had hoped.

3. Thanks Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about the free classes till late afternoon. I watched some free motion quilting classes, and one for quilting using the walking foot. I had no trouble on my computer using Chrome. I thoroughly enjoyed all I watched. I now have some quilters that I would like to see again.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I watched a class on dipping chocolates, another on making pastries, using your pressure cooker, I learned quite a lot. Great way to see which instructors you like etc.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I made a quilt instead. If craftsy would make these viewable on the TV, I could have watched. I have 2 courses I paid for that I don't watch because I don't want to sit in my office while watching them.

I hate that stupid messaging thingy on the right side. It's distracting and slows down the video.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCurious View Post
    I made a quilt instead. If craftsy would make these viewable on the TV, I could have watched. I have 2 courses I paid for that I don't watch because I don't want to sit in my office while watching them.

I hate that stupid messaging thingy on the right side. It's distracting and slows down the video.
    You can turn off the comment section on the right side.

Now it seems they have all their classes on sale for $19.99.