Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does anyone have an instant Pot?

I have made cheesecake in mine. Turns out great
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

How on earth do you make a cheesecake--I'd love to know the recipe. Thanks Pat

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I followed the recipe below with a slight change. I did not have a trivet that fit in mine so I turned a small bowl-think corelle- upside down to support the pan. I did not have the 7" pan called for, couldn't find one. But, I found a set of two small springform pans at Walmart-Wilton 5 inch and 6 inch pans. I divided the ingredients between the two pans and it worked fine, just had to "bake" twice. Slightly thinner but still nice. The next time I used my tried and true cheesecake recipe and divided it. I had a bit more filling and it made the thicker cake. supposedly you can do double-decker if you have the right rack but I don't.

https://www.https://www.pressurecook...er-cheesecake/
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bakermom, I'm thinking that my DH will be gifting me racks and appropriate sized containers for the instant pot for Christmas. Hope he doesn't go overboard with the accessories. He already bought me some more gaskets. Now I need a cookbook, but I want to see it in person before asking for the book. Some of them have recipes with too many spices for my taste buds. LOL
    I tried your suggested website, but it came back as web page not available. Will google it.
    Last edited by Patty J; November 14th, 2017 at 09:37 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the bad link-I used my bookmark. Google "instant pot cheesecake" and many will come up. there are several that add sour cream but I don;t care for that myself.
    Instant pot cheesecake
    1 cup graham cracker cookie crumbs
    2 tablespoons butter melted
    FILLING
    16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 eggs, room temperature
    Directions:
    Prepare a 7 inch springform pan by coating it with a non-stick spray. Line with parchment paper if desired.
    In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Spread evenly in the bottom and 1 inch up the side of the pan. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
    In a mixing bowl mix cream cheese and sugar at medium speed until smooth. Mix in vanilla, and add eggs one at a time just until blended; don’t over mix. Pour batter into the springform pan on top of the crust.
    Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooking pot, and place the trivet in the bottom. Carefully center the filled pan on a foil sling** and lower it into the pressure cooking pot. Fold the foil sling down so that it doesn’t interfere with closing the lid.
    Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set the timer for 25 minutes. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker. use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then do a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure. When valve drops carefully remove lid. Remove cheesecake and check the cheesecake to see if the middle is set. If not, cook the cheesecake an additional 5 minutes. Use the corner of a paper towel to soak up any water on top of the cheesecake.
    Remove the springform pan to a wire rack to cool. When cheesecake is cooled, refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for at least 4 hours or overnight.
    Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve topped with your choice of whipped cream, fresh fruit, a berry compote or a chocolate drizzle.
    Note: *Make a sling with a 20 inch piece of aluminum foil, folded three times length wise

― Albert Pine