Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strip Stick

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strip Stick

With free shipping today I'm thinking of buying the strip stick. I'm going back and forth in my head which size to get, which one would be the most practical? Does anyone have one and which size do you like? I just discovered this tool and sure could have used it on a project I'm working on where all seams are open and I'm doing a terrible job of it. Actually hate it so thinking this tool would help.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Strip Stick

I have the 18" and the 45". I tend to use the 18" a lot more often as it works well for opening blocks. The 45" is really geared for jelly rolls. You can certainly use the 45" for blocks but because I have them both I just pull out the 18".

So I guess I would say do you primarily sew blocks or do you sew a lot of strips? If you sew a lot of strips, then go for the longer one as you can still do blocks on it. Doing strips on the 18" is possible but would be a little fiddly.
    Debbie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was just talking to my landlady outside today. She mentioned they started taking some of the old molding out of their house. I said "WAIT!WAIT! Is it a curved molding?!" Unfortunately it wasn't LOL.
    Good idea about ording the strip during free shipping. I'd do it but have to order things the first week after my ss. Or wait until free shipping comes up during the first week of a month.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I just received my strip stick. I already love it. I bought the 45 inch. I'm doing strip sets right now, and it really helps in pressing the seams open. The paper with the stick said it is now available in a 22 1/2 length for fat quarters. I'm working with FQs now. Im may buy it at some future date.
    Diana Grey

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. Wasn't sure I'd be wasting my money on another tool but after my last project I need help.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is something you "need" they are so handy. I have the small one and the fat quarter size. These two suit my needs very well. I use the small when assembling blocks and the fat quarter one when I am pressing the whole block or when pressing fat quarter strips.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

got mine at hardware store they cut a thick dowel in half and icovered mine in flannel cheap
    Gale

8. Thanks Kgrammiecaz, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mine came with two sizes! Works great and saves your fingers from getting scorched!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I never heard of this and have no idea what it's for.guess I'll Google it

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

well all i know is I needed it after the project I'm working on. I want to throw it in the garbage. I ordered the 22 "